HELP! NEW S9 Red Light Not On When Charging & Blinks When Off Charger

FanGirl4Life

Jan 18, 2020
Visit site
I just got my S9 less then 1 month ago from Straight Talk. For some reason, when the phone is charging, the red light won't come on. It also blinks randomly when not on the charger and has plenty of charge. All other notification lights work fine. I've restarted, deleted apps, changed notification reminder to off and toggled off the LED and back on. I wiped the cache partition also. I just updated Google and it did it again! Can someone please help?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: HELP! NEW S9 Red Light Not On When Charging & Blinks When Off Charger

I cleared the cache partition in safe mode and reset app system settings. It acts up every time I update an app also.
How did you clear cache in safe mode ?
In safe mode it's supposed to say safe mode on bottom of the screen , did it ? Also since you got it 1 month ago you should have warranty ?

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

How did you clear cache in safe mode ?
In safe mode it's supposed to say safe mode on bottom of the screen , did it ? Also since you got it 1 month ago you should have warranty ?
Yeah....I also recommend bringing it back since from the symptoms, doesn't seem like a setting.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yeah....I also recommend bringing it back since from the symptoms, doesn't seem like a setting.
Yeah I agree , I have the s9+ and that's not normal behavior on the led notifications light .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781