S9 screen displays washed out color and black crush grain

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello.
A few days ago, i started experiencing for the first time, the thing that people started experiencing years ago when the s9 came out.. the black crush. I have an s9 and never had any problems until last saturday when i noticed that my once vivid screen looked faded and lighter and my pictures and videos with black shadows or certain shades of dark colors look grainy and pixelated.
I've tried all the troubleshoots. I went on safe mode and the problem still persisted. I also wiped the phone's cache and it still persisted. I deleted all my themes and its still there. I did the test of *#0.. and all the colors worked well so i am stumped on what is causing this. Please advise me on what i can do about this. My phone has never been dropped or mistreated and i am very disappointed as its not even 2 years old. What can i do about this? And will Samsung be releasing a patch to fix this. Thank you.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you notice this with everything the screen displays? Like the home screen and any app usage? Trying to isolate if it's just pictures and videos or not.

How are you viewing pictures, and what app for videos when you see this?

If you don't see the problem on screen-shots viewing them on a PC, but is visible on the phone screen, it could be a defective screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang