Music won't show up in google play on computer

Danrey1992

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
My wife has an s9, she is trying to transfer songs from her s9 to our computer. The song files show up in her google play music on her phone however they will not show up on the computer. Any idea as to why they won't appear on our computer?

Any help is much appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How are you transferring the music? If these are songs that were downloaded using the Google Play Music app, then those downloaded files aren't available to the user to manipulate. You have to download the songs using the GPM website on the computer.

Danrey1992

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
@tireboy66 i have the hoogle play music app on the computer, im assuming thats the one you mean?
@mustang7757 yes however ive tried looking through the folders and i can't fing them anywhere.
@B Diddy im not sure exactly where shes getting the songs. She teachrs gymnastics so what shes doing is finding a song for a routine then she is using an app on her phone to edit the song a bit. The edited song shows up on her google music app on her phone but none of her songs will show up on the computer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, she needs to know which directory those music files are in. Use any file manager app to look through all of the user-accessible directories. The file might be in /Download, but it might also be in a specific directory related to the app she used to edit the music. Then:

1. Connect the phone to the computer via USB.
2. Swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB notification, and make sure it's set to MTP (or File Transfer).
3. On the PC, open Windows File Explorer, open the phone's storage there, and look in the directory where the music files are.
4. Drag and drop those files to the computer's hard drive.