One UI 2 Android Auto

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the new Android 10/One UI 2 update earlier this week but I can't find Android Auto. There was a message after the boot of the new install that said Android Auto was installed, but I can't find it.

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It's built-in in Android 10. If you want it in your car, just connect it as usual. If you want it on your phone, you have to install Android Auto for Phone Screens.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. My car doesn't support Android Auto, but I still connect my phone via Bluetooth to the car. Thanks!

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Built in and broken. I'm having all kinds of problems with android auto. Try and send a text, and it tells me that the data connection is unstable, tell it to navigate, and it says ok, and then doesn't navigate. What the hell Google??

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Built in and broken. I'm having all kinds of problems with android auto. Try and send a text, and it tells me that the data connection is unstable, tell it to navigate, and it says ok, and then doesn't navigate. What the hell Google??

Yeah, update to AA 5.0 and 5.1 broke a lot of stuff for people. I also have this 'connection unstable' issue when replying and assistant reading messages in different language than is set. Google is aware of this, though. Not sure if I should link it here, but here is the topic with known issues on official AA forums: https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/2475001?hl=en

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm really trying to figure out why everyone cries for these updates. All they ever have done is screw up my phones. I had an LG V30 for my last phone, and it was fine, and then came the all powerful update, and low and behold, the phone didn't work right. I've never had an apple phone, but that might be my next move, or maybe a pixel phone. You have to figure its a nightmare with LG, Samsung, Motorola, etc, having to have their skins on their phones, must make it very hard to get the software right.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, update to AA 5.0 and 5.1 broke a lot of stuff for people. I also have this 'connection unstable' issue when replying and assistant reading messages in different language than is set. Google is aware of this, though. Not sure if I should link it here, but here is the topic with known issues on official AA forums: https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/2475001?hl=en

It's not AA that is the cuplrit. It is one UI2 (Android 10)

I have same versions of AA and Google on my S8+ and my S9+. The S8+ works fine, the S9+, not so much. Using the S8+ until I see that they release an update for One UI2 that fixes the issue. (You could also use ODIN to go back to Android 9 if you are ready for a factory reset)

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Not my experience. I've had issues with AA 5.0 and 5.1 on Pie, where AA 4.9 was perfect. Updating to Android 10 didn't change anything in my case because I've already had the version that was bundled with it.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So just got the update this morning for System Update #21 for Verizon Wireless S9+ (G965USQS7DTD1)
Running Google version 11.6.6.21arm64 (Has not changed since prior check - However, there is a later version available)
Android Auto Version 5.2.501054-Release (Has not changed since last check)

After the update completely finished, I booted into recovery and cleared cache 3 times as I always do for updates (Holdover from rooting prior phones - still a good practice). I also cleared cache on Google, Android Auto, and Carmode Stub (Have to "show system apps" in order to see)

I tested in garage and it worked. This has happened before, so I waited and tried it again later. It still worked. Took a drive and it worked. Stopped the car, turned it off, restarted, and it still worked. I think it may have been the system update and not Google or Android Auto (As I and many others suspected). However, nothing in the changelog indicated anything specific to AA or Google. "the update brings April 2020 Android Security Patch Level. This update also improves the system security and fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily."

Will come back and update if things change (I have been fooled into thinking it was fixed before)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance