All my music albums are appearing in the gallery and i have hundreds of music albums !! (Didnt happen in my old samsung phone which was very latest too - A70) - And, i have confirmed its a one UI 2.0 thingy.

I have songs with custom Albumarts embedded transferred from PC to Mobile.

PS: Hiding each folder individually is too time taking for me as i have many albums.
    02-10-2020 11:11 AM
    Are the album art images saved in each respective music album folder, or is there one folder with all of the album art images? Or when you say the album art is embedded, does that mean there aren't any discrete images files?
    02-10-2020 11:14 AM
    Are the album art images saved in each respective music album folder, or is there one folder with all of the album art images? Or when you say the album art is embedded, does that mean there aren't any discrete images files?
    Album art is embedded in the music files/tracks
    02-11-2020 02:46 AM
    Does it also happen with other gallery apps, or only the stock gallery app?
    02-11-2020 02:58 AM
    Does it also happen with other gallery apps, or only the stock gallery app?
    i prefer and use only stock gallery app.
    PS: i am on ONE UI2.0
    02-11-2020 10:45 AM
    I understand that, but it may be worth testing a different gallery app to see if this issue is specific to the stock gallery app in One UI 2.0, or if it's a system-related issue that occurs with any gallery app.
    02-11-2020 11:10 AM
    You cant select the music album to new folder from gallery? Looks like when they got transferred over from computer went to wrong place .
    02-11-2020 11:22 AM
    You cant select the music album to new folder from gallery? Looks like when they got transferred over from computer went to wrong place .
    I think the problem is that the album art is actually embedded as part of the ID3 tag data for the music file, and is somehow being read the Gallery app. Adding a .nomedia file wouldn't be a good idea, since it would also prevent the music player app from seeing the music.
    02-11-2020 11:48 AM
    I think the problem is that the album art is actually embedded as part of the ID3 tag data for the music file, and is somehow being read the Gallery app. Adding a .nomedia file wouldn't be a good idea, since it would also prevent the music player app from seeing the music.
    Gotcha , yeah strange how it happened .
    02-11-2020 11:55 AM
    Absolutely, i already made a text file ".nomedia" on my PC and transferred the albums back to my SD card on phone but still same issue.

Next, if i try to create a blank album and rename it .nomedia, my computer says its not allowed. AND, if i make a .nomedia folder inside my album it has no effect.
    02-11-2020 11:59 AM
    Since you strongly prefer to stick with the Samsung Gallery app, then send some feedback to Samsung about this issue, and maybe they'll address it in an update. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else to try, sorry!
    02-11-2020 01:24 PM
    Since you strongly prefer to stick with the Samsung Gallery app, then send some feedback to Samsung about this issue, and maybe they'll address it in an update. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else to try, sorry!
    No problem sir. for an alternate solution the hunt is still on !
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-13-2020 10:58 AM
    UPDATE: I transferred few albums today and to my surprise.

Few albums appear in gallery and few doesnt !
    Now all album/tracks are embedded by same method by me, so what can be difference ?

Please guide how to check Tag details so to pinpoint to a solution.
    02-16-2020 05:16 AM
    bump ^
    02-19-2020 03:24 AM