Android 10 update

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Seems like plenty are having issues with it

None so far. Runs great.
I'm still using Nova Launcher, though. I tried the One UI gestures and literally cannot get them to work if I choose the option for using gestures from the side...so I re-enabled Nova as the default.
I'm liking the clearer text, better notifications, dark theme and other cosmetic changes, though.

ktklein

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
No issues so far that I am aware of yet (but it's only been a few hours). I wish Hangouts had a dark theme/mode but it's nice to finally have a dark Gmail. Also nice to have secuirt updates through February now (even though March was just released...)

Gonna try to see if I can get edge lighting working properly following the update. Never worked correctly for me before.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
It kills the ability to send/reply to texts on Android Auto. It also is causing some people to have issues with voice recognition of OK Google while connected to Android Auto.

Two things I literally never use. The first I don't ever use, on or off Android Auto...the second, well, I don't text while driving so I have no need for such a thing.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It kills the ability to send/reply to texts on Android Auto. It also is causing some people to have issues with voice recognition of OK Google while connected to Android Auto.

I also had the texting issue. I solved it by installing google messages. It seems to be the stock samsung texting that it has the issue with.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I also had the texting issue. I solved it by installing google messages. It seems to be the stock samsung texting that it has the issue with.

Glad that worked for you.... I tried Google Messages, Pulse, Textra, Samsung Messages, and Verizon messages. None of them fix the issue of Google saying "Sorry, but this internet connection isn't strong enough at the moment" when trying to send a text or reply to a text when connected to a car's head unit via Android Auto. It's a known issue that is specific to Android 10, not an app issue. Google has acknowledged it and "is working on a fix" since Feb 6th. Sooooo, we might see a fix by August if it's like any of the other "urgent" issues that Google has addressed in the past.

Clearing the caches on Google and AA and deleting your car(s) will get you one message or a few minutes of messages. But then it is back to not able to send.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Two things I literally never use. The first I don't ever use, on or off Android Auto...the second, well, I don't text while driving so I have no need for such a thing.

Regardless of whether you use it, the function is broken. Someone asked what was broken, I responded. Glad you don't need those functions. Many of us do.

ktklein

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Looks like TMo just released the March security update. It just d/l'd to my phone.
5d782479cffb6e430cce4d0724f60c12.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane