not compatible due to the carrier firmware package on that particular SKU

arktex54

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
Hello all. I don't see a sticky on what information you need so I'll post some and follow-up as needed.

Model: SM-G965U Verizon (default time unlocked by Verizon)
Hardware version: REV1.1
FCC ID: A3LSMG965U
SERIAL: RF8KC...
Phone status: Official
Android Version: 10
Baseband version: G965USQU7DTA8
Kernel version: 4.9.186
Build number: QP1A.190711.020.G965USQU7DTA8
Service provider SW ver: SAOMC_SM-G965U_OYN_VZW_QQ_0008_4559465250413098

I am attempting to move from Verizon to Visible (a Verizon subsidiary). My IMEI did not check as compatible with Visible and this is what the level three rep replied with:

Quote:
"I did some digging and it looks like we have compatibility with*most*Galaxy S9+s. I double checked your IMEI and it is not compatible due to the carrier firmware package on that particular SKU, apologies about that!" :End Quote

[1] What is the suggested solution to change to a carrier firmware package that will work?
[1a] I believe you change this with Odin?
[1b] The Samsung Unlocked version does not work with Visible.
[2] Will it require to setup the phone again?
[3] Will Samsung Pay / Secure Folder still work?

UPDATE: I have data and mobile hotspot working with my S9+, but still no phone calls or texts. Keep that in mind if you need an unlimited device for data.

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If visible is a Verizon subsidiary , it should work , just have to find correct APN to connect , if you mess around in Odin there's not much you could do besides flash other carrier firmware as the US version is bootloader locked .

arktex54

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
If visible is a Verizon subsidiary , it should work , just have to find correct APN to connect

Calling and texting does not work, even with the correct APN settings from their ZTE phone. Data and mobile hotspot IS working. Visible IMEI checker showed it failed and when I asked why, that was the answer.

if you mess around in Odin there's not much you could do besides flash other carrier firmware as the US version is bootloader locked .

Thanks. Is there another way to change the firmware package besides Odin? Any ideas on #2 and #3?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Calling and texting does not work, even with the correct APN settings from their ZTE phone. Data and mobile hotspot IS working. Visible IMEI checker showed it failed and when I asked why, that was the answer.

Thanks. Is there another way to change the firmware package besides Odin? Any ideas on #2 and #3?
Zte phones I dont think support Verizon, which Samsung does

arktex54

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
I thought you just said it doesn't?

Calling and texting does not work on Visible from the Galaxy S9+. I used the APN settings displayed on the ZTE Blade A7 (that came from Visible) and put those APN settings in my Galaxy S9+. Data and mobile hotspot works in the Galaxy S9+ on Visible.

The Galaxy S9+ works fine with a Verizon SIM: calling, texting, MMS, internet, mobile hotspot...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Calling and texting does not work on Visible from the Galaxy S9+. I used the APN settings displayed on the ZTE Blade A7 (that came from Visible) and put those APN settings in my Galaxy S9+. Data and mobile hotspot works in the Galaxy S9+ on Visible.

The Galaxy S9+ works fine with a Verizon SIM: calling, texting, MMS, internet, mobile hotspot...
If it doesn't work , then I'm not sure what else to say , it's not compatible. See if other members can chime in

arktex54

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
#2If you use home CSC it will not factory reset

#3 yes because you will use stock Samsung firmware

Is there a certain post you prefer for flashing Odin for the first time? I have Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD and the ini file. Several posts I have visited skip a lot of details like... where do I get the flashing files?!

I have been flashing since the Blackberry 7700 days, ROOTed plenty of Androids, and jailbroke iPhones beginning in 2009. This is just a bit different.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is there a certain post you prefer for flashing Odin for the first time? I have Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD and the ini file. Several posts I have visited skip a lot of details like... where do I get the flashing files?!

I have been flashing since the Blackberry 7700 days, ROOTed plenty of Androids, and jailbroke iPhones beginning in 2009. This is just a bit different.
Sure I just showed someone how to do this here post #33
Good you have some experience, also download samfirm latest tool for firmware

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=997292