WiFi does not disconnect and switch to mobile data

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy A50, and with any WiFi connection, if I go out of range, it does not disconnect from the WiFi connection and does not switch to mobile data. It shows the WiFi icon with no active bars. This happens even if I turn off all Bixby routines and extra WiFi options. And I can't connect to the internet when it's in this state.

Today, I turned on the WiFi option that forces the phone to switch to mobile data if a WiFi connection is slow or unresponsive. And now the phone automatically disconnects from the WiFi network when I go out of its range. But does this option have to be always on by default or is there something wrong with my phone?

BTW, I accidently created another post for this question without logging in. Please disregard that post.

Thanks.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You said "with any of my wi-fi connections" -- does this mean any wi-fi network, including those outside of your house (like at work)? Or is it just with your home wi-fi network?

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
First I heard something like this , I would try reset network in settings

I'll try this. But now, even with the "switch to mobile data" option on, the phone only shows 1 bar in the wifi icon when it auto reconnects to my home or any other wifi network. I have to manually disconnect and then reconnect to get all the bars in the wifi icon to full strength. And it's not switching to mobile data eventhough it only shows 1 bar.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'll try this. But now, even with that wifi option on, the phone only shows 1 bar in the wifi icon when it auto reconnects to my home or any other wifi connection. I have to manually disconnect and then reconnect to get all the bars in the wifi icon to full strength.
Ok try that network reset, also look in WiFi settings under wifi control and apps there ?

Post Nine

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
submit an error report via samsung members app, it sends error reports directly to samsung
download the app from the galaxy store > members app > + button > error report

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Ok try that network reset, also look in WiFi settings under wifi control and apps there ?

Resetting the network settings didn't fix the wifi problems. What do you mean "under wifi control and apps"? I can't find any option for wifi control nor any apps in the wifi settings.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Resetting the network settings didn't fix the wifi problems. What do you mean "under wifi control and apps"? I can't find any option for wifi control nor any apps in the wifi settings.
If you long press wifi icon then tap 3 dots upper right corner , choose advanceScreenshot_20210607-170941_Settings.jpg

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
If you long press wifi icon then tap 3 dots upper right corner , choose advanceView attachment 334519

Got it. I attached screenshots of what it shows under "Wi-fi control history". When I click on Bixby Routines, it takes me to the second screenshot, and clicking on the second app ("Turn on Wi-Fi- automatically"), takes me to the Wi-Fi settings. Could Bixby Routines be the reason why I'm having problems with my Wi-Fi?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 5.21.03 PM.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 5.21.03 PM.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 3
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 5.21.51 PM.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 5.21.51 PM.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 4

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok perfect if you use Bixby routines see if that's turning wifi off , can you toggle in that screen shot off for Bixby routines?

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Ok perfect if you use Bixby routines see if that's turning wifi off , can you toggle in that screen shot off for Bixby routines?

The option to toggle off Bixby Routines in that screen is greyed out. But I had already removed any Bixby Routines that turned the Wi-Fi on or off. I just uninstalled Bixby Routines. I'll report back if the Wi-fi problem still happens. Thanks.

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Ok, probably because Bixby routines was enabled

Uninstalling Bixby Routines fixed the problem, but the problem comes back if I toggle off the Wi-Fi option called "Switch to mobile data". It's an option that makes the phone switch to mobile data if the Wi-Fi is slow or unresponsive. I guess I have to keep this option on at all times, right?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Uninstalling Bixby Routines fixed the problem, but the problem comes back if I toggle off the Wi-Fi option called "Switch to mobile data". It's an option that makes the phone switch to mobile data if the Wi-Fi is slow or unresponsive. I guess I have to keep this option on at all times, right?
That means your WiFi is not good , try rebooting your router or if has option to select between 2.4ghz or 5ghz stick with 2.4 and if the router is old then replace it .

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
That means your WiFi is not good , try rebooting your router or if has option to select between 2.4ghz or 5ghz stick with 2.4 and if the router is old then replace it .

I already rebooted my router yesterday. But my mother's LG phone which is connected to the home wifi network doesn't have this wifi problem. And her phone uses the 2.4GHz wifi connection from the home wifi router. By the way, my router is the latest Verizon Wifi 6 G3100 router. I just got it recently. So this problem must be with my phone specifically.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I already rebooted my router yesterday. But my mother's LG phone which is connected to the home wifi network doesn't have this wifi problem. And her phone uses the 2.4GHz wifi connection from the home wifi router. By the way, my router is the latest Verizon Wifi 6 G3100 router. I just got it recently. So this problem must be with my phone specifically.
If you turn mobile data off and stay just wifi it won't connect? If so something with your WiFi

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
If you turn mobile data off and stay just wifi it won't connect? If so something with your WiFi

I just tested the wifi auto reconnect with the mobile data off and it auto reconnects to my home and outside wifi networks fine. And also, just now, I turned off the "Switch to mobile data" wifi option in the wifi settings and everything is working fine still. So it must have been something to do with Bixby Routines that caused the wifi problem.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908