Screen flickering then stops after long charge

mm1112

Feb 26, 2022
Visit site
A week ago the screen on my Samsung A52s began flickering on and off, for no reason. Hadn't dropped it or anything like that. Initially, I could solve the problem by restarting it. Then, a few days later my phone stopped recognising my SIM card. Again, it was eventually remedied when I restarted it (on maybe the 10th try). The phone was working until I got a new phone cover and when I put it on the phone screen began flickering worse than before and restarting it didn't solve the problem. Bizarrely, the flickering stops after I have left it charging all night... If anyone has any clues as to what is going on I'd be fascinated to hear. I'm guessing I've damaged the screen at some point and it's slowly deteriorated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the A5 forum to the Galaxy A Series forum (which is intended for the more current A line of phones).

That sounds like a hardware problem -- make sure you've backed up or synced all important data, in case the phone is about to fail completely. Is it still under warranty? If so, contact Samsung.

Also see if the problem persist in Safe Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/de...galaxy-a52-5g/safe-mode-samsung-galaxy-a52-5g

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781