I'm coming here because I just changed from iPhone to a Samsung a52s under android 12 and I think I have an issue with notifications?? I only get those pop up banners when using the phone for messages or Discord, but for every other app I don't and I'd like to, at least for apps like Twitter and my news app.... I made sure to update the apps, turn off optimization and adaptative battery, also the sleeping apps yet still nothing??

I do use Glimpse to wake up the lock screen when I get notifications (I hate how always on display look), so maybe there is a conflict there, but then what can I do?
    05-20-2022 10:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the General News forum to the Galaxy A Series forum for more appropriate traffic.

I think the ability of a notification to appear as a banner may depend on the app. Go to Settings>Apps, select an app, then Notifications, and select one of the Notification Categories (tap the word, not the toggle switch). See if there's an option to toggle Pop-Up Notification.
    05-20-2022 12:03 PM