Galaxy A71 sound issue

Danno2112

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
I have an issue with no sound coming from my Galaxy A71. At first it was just no media sound, now it is nothing at all, no media, no system or notification sounds,etc. No incoming phone call rings either
Here is a list(of what I can remember) that I have tried so far. The fact that it was just the media at first, and then the ringer,etc leads me to believe it may be a software issue?(Apparently there are two speakers in this device, one on the top and one on the bottom?)

1- The device was updated to the latest Android software(Android 12). Thinking that it might be the new 12,I flashed it back to the previous one. No luck with the sound so it is running 12 again.
2- Tried with Bluetooth both on and off
3- Used the on board diagnostics to test the speakers. No sound or suggested fixes
4- Have made sure that all 4 volume sliders are up full and that volume is not muted.
5- Tested with my Bluetooth earbuds and everything works through those. Don't want my buds on full time of course.
6- Tried an app through YouTube called Disable headset( I think) which has worked for some. Not me!
7-I have backed up and factory reset the device.
8-I have tried Another suggestion to turn the device off, wait 30 seconds and turn back on, and repeat 5 times. It actually worked... for awhile.
I think that was it- Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated. I would totally hate to have to upgrade because of this.
Thanks,
Dan

Danno2112

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
I tried safe mode and the reset,mustang 7757.Stil nothing.I am stumped.The in call speaker worked in diagnostics. The media speaker-nothing.I had my wife call my number-nothing...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried safe mode and the reset,mustang 7757.Stil nothing.I am stumped.The in call speaker worked in diagnostics. The media speaker-nothing.I had my wife call my number-nothing...
Does this device have a headphone jack? If so try insert headphones again and while inserted twist back n forth then pull them out

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It may just be that the main speaker has failed. That wouldn't affect the earpiece speaker, so that would explain why the diagnostics still show that part still works.

I'm guessing the main speaker has failed.

Danno2112

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
No I bought it off of Facebook marketplace about 18 months ago. Used for 400 with a pair of samsung buds thrown in. No issues, great phone. I don't want to spend the money to upgrade.
It will depend on repair store diagnostics and est$$$ to fix.

Gmhd786 Jna

Nov 4, 2022
Visit site
I have an issue with no sound coming from my Galaxy A71. At first it was just no media sound, now it is nothing at all, no media, no system or notification sounds,etc. No incoming phone call rings either
Here is a list(of what I can remember) that I have tried so far. The fact that it was just the media at first, and then the ringer,etc leads me to believe it may be a software issue?(Apparently there are two speakers in this device, one on the top and one on the bottom?)

1- The device was updated to the latest Android software(Android 12). Thinking that it might be the new 12,I flashed it back to the previous one. No luck with the sound so it is running 12 again.
2- Tried with Bluetooth both on and off
3- Used the on board diagnostics to test the speakers. No sound or suggested fixes
4- Have made sure that all 4 volume sliders are up full and that volume is not muted.
5- Tested with my Bluetooth earbuds and everything works through those. Don't want my buds on full time of course.
6- Tried an app through YouTube called Disable headset( I think) which has worked for some. Not me!
7-I have backed up and factory reset the device.
8-I have tried Another suggestion to turn the device off, wait 30 seconds and turn back on, and repeat 5 times. It actually worked... for awhile.
I think that was it- Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated. I would totally hate to have to upgrade because of this.
Thanks,
Dan

I found the issue it's gotta be with bixby just diable it totally and fixed my phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2