Samsung A50 inserting commas for pause in contact's number does nothing

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Adding commas into the contact phone number does nothing. No pause and autodial, e.g. 1234567890,,,555 -> no pause or dialing of 555. In fact when I tap on the contact's number in the dialer it only shows the first part of the number before the commas like the 1234567890 above. What could be wrong?

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
What if you add a P instead?

There is no "P" option. I see key options for "(Pause)," and "(Wait);" after pressing the "*+#" key.

Do you have contacts saved to sim?
I tried on my s22U no issues

The contacts I have are under my gmail address. But, I added a test number with the comma pauses in the "Phone" storage, but still not working. I also tried adding the number with the commas into the "Sim" storage, but it said "Couldn't save contact. Sim card full.". This can't be true, because there are 0 numbers stored in the sim card. What's the solution to all these problems? Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There is no "P" option. I see key options for "(Pause)," and "(Wait);" after pressing the "*+#" key.

The contacts I have are under my gmail address. But, I added a test number with the comma pauses in the "Phone" storage, but still not working. I also tried adding the number with the commas into the "Sim" storage, but it said "Couldn't save contact. Sim card full.". This can't be true, because there are 0 numbers stored in the sim card. What's the solution to all these problems? Thanks.
Strange, try clearing data and force stop the contact app .

This my screenshot using Testing as name and saved with comma,numbers etcScreenshot_20220812_025412_Contacts.jpg

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
I think this is a problem with the destination number and not the phone. Test contact with commas to another destination number worked in safe-mode also. But, I should see the commas in the number when it shows that its dialing the number, right? In the past, I remember seeing it. Maybe it was on another Samsung phone probably. And why I am not able to store numbers into sim storage with that error message? I tried clearing data and cache in the Contacts app, but I still can't store in sim storage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure -- you're opening your contacts, selecting that saved contact with the pauses in it, and selecting the dial option from there? You made it sound like maybe you were selecting it from the Dialer app's Recent Calls section instead.

As for the SIM card -- is it possible the Messages app saved some text messages to the SIM card as well? There's not much room on a SIM, so it could fill up pretty quickly.

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Just to be sure -- you're opening your contacts, selecting that saved contact with the pauses in it, and selecting the dial option from there? You made it sound like maybe you were selecting it from the Dialer app's Recent Calls section instead.

I tried both ways, and it only shows the destination number in the dial pad screen.

As for the SIM card -- is it possible the Messages app saved some text messages to the SIM card as well? There's not much room on a SIM, so it could fill up pretty quickly.

How can I find out if this is the case?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some phones have an option in the system settings to show the SIM contacts, but my Pixel 6 Pro doesn't, so I can't test it. Search your system settings for "SIM" and see what comes up.

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
I tried to search in the settings, but it says there are 0 messages stored in the SIM card. I think I'll just forget it and just sync contacts with Google. Anyways, the pauses are working with the commas, etc. :)