Starting a movement: Tell Samsung “Make small budget phones!”

goodwill1

Sep 7, 2022
Visit site
As a budget phone owner who’s not looking to spend more than $300 (or $400 at most) on a new device, it was with great interest that I saw the recent release of the Samsung Galaxy A23 5G. It has good specs for its price and it seems like it would be a very decent phone all around. So it was with great dismay that I noticed the overall size of the phone... 6.5 inches from top to bottom. Once again...

Is it just me, or is there a significant group of phone owners out there who want phones that actually fit into smaller pockets, don't fatigue the hands, and can be used with one hand when needed? I want a phone, not a tablet or a “phablet”!

When it comes to its S-series, Samsung releases a small version each year, along with a bigger sized “Pro” version, and an even bigger “Ultra” version. But when it comes to the A-series phones, almost every single one of them is bigger than the S22 Ultra! In the recent American A-series model lineup, this applies to the A02s, A03s, A12, A13 5G, A23 5G, A32 5G, and A42 5G, with only the A52 5G and A53 5G being slightly smaller at 6.3 inches. And the S21 FE is only slightly cheaper than the S22. Way above a budget price.

I can’t be the only one who wishes that there were some A-series budget phones whose sizes were similar to the 5.75 inch Galaxy S22, or at least under 6 inches from top to bottom. I was even considering the (6 inch) Pixel 6a until seeing the many reports of its overheating and network connectivity drop issues.

Just as a practical example, Samsung can make a Galaxy "A23s" 5G which can have the same Snapdragon 695 chip as the regular A23 5G. Just the overall phone size (and battery if necessary) will be smaller.

-----

In light of the above, I call on anyone who would also like such phones to call Samsung’s sales department at 1-855-726-8721 and politely request that they start making such devices, and explain that they will attract many compact phone buyers who can’t afford to shell out $700 or $800, but would be very interested in getting a Samsung A-series phone if only there were smaller options available, just like there is in the S-series.

If Samsung sees that there’s a big enough demand for it, they will start producing such phones so as to reap the earnings from this new customer base!

Please share this page and spread the word far and wide, so that we can get as many people as possible to effectuate this change!

P.S. Leave a comment with any additional ideas that you think may help the cause.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Samsung makes a wide range of device's
Something going fit someone. Same with pixel devices they have budget ones if the 6 series' scares them .

Well for contacting Samsung don't hold your breath for them to change anything based on users they have their own team to do this stuff . I wanted the Note series name to continue with over 50k signatures from Android enthusiast it didn't happen , I want removable battery that's not happening either or IR blaster , sd card , led notification light .

Samsung has a agenda throughout years of experience and are not going please everyone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You might want to consider directing your efforts at ASUS, since they seem to focus on making compact flagship phones -- their latest ZenFone 9 has been making a good impression. Maybe if they have more success, they might consider a midrange or budget version.

goodwill1

Sep 7, 2022
Visit site
You might want to consider directing your efforts at ASUS, since they seem to focus on making compact flagship phones...
Samsung also makes compact flaghsip phones as mentioned above. But the point is they should start providing choices to budget customers as well.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Samsung also makes compact flaghsip phones as mentioned above. But the point is they should start providing choices to budget customers as well.

Like everything, companies only make things which generate additional profits. If the majority of people will accept the A series as-is, then absolutely zero reason to add further variations. I'm sure part of the logic is that anyone really wanting a smaller Galaxy can also spend the extra money on more expensive flagship.