Strange SMS behavior

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi
Samsung a51 5g, Android 12 and original/stock SMS App.
All the SMS's that I receive appear on the main screen, an icon with the author's photo and the notification sound, except those that come from a certain number. The SMS's from this number do not activate notifications (icon and sound) despite being in the application along with the others.
I have no idea why this happens or how to normalize notifications for that number.
Thanks

Enviado do meu SM-A516B através do Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about bubble notifications?

Go to Settings>Notifications>Advanced Settings>Floating Notifications for that option.

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for your answers.
I believe the answer was given by "Morty2264". I didn't even know a certain contact could be mute! In fact, that's how it was. I have no idea how it was silenced.
Regards

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for your answers.
I believe the answer was given by "Morty2264". I didn't even know a certain contact could be mute! In fact, that's how it was. I have no idea how it was silenced.
Regards

I only knew to suggest this because it happened to me -- with my mother I believe! Or mother-in-law. An important contact, either way! Just like you, I had no idea it was silenced. Glad it worked for you!

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
I only knew to suggest this because it happened to me -- with my mother I believe! Or mother-in-law. An important contact, either way! Just like you, I had no idea it was silenced. Glad it worked for you!
Hi
With your mother-in-law? Are you sure the reasons were unknown? Be careful, the consequences can be serious.
Regards and thanks

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi
With your mother-in-law? Are you sure the reasons were unknown? Be careful, the consequences can be serious.
Regards and thanks

I LOVE my mother-in-law! But not everyone has that kind of experience. I'm lucky!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed