Frequent message "Phone.not registered.network only emergency calls" after 7-9 hours of no usage.

jz1276

Jan 17, 2023
Visit site
Frequent message "Phone.not registered.network only emergency calls" after 7-9 hours of no usage.

Been having an odd issue with my Samsung Galaxy A03s for the last couple of weeks. The problem only occurs after the phone hasn't been used for how ever long I'm asleep for, roughly 7 to 9 hours. I awake to the phone unable to make calls receiving the message "Phone not registered network only emergency calls". Any texts fail when trying to send. A simple restart fixes the issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Frequent message "Phone.not registered.network only emergency calls" after 7-9 hours of no usage

Welcome to Android Central! Have you spoken to your carrier about this? Maybe they need to give you a replacement SIM.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Frequent message "Phone.not registered.network only emergency calls" after 7-9 hours of no usage

Welcome to Android Central! Have you spoken to your carrier about this? Maybe they need to give you a replacement SIM.

That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well ;) Obi wan your lessons are not wasted :p

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well ;) Obi wan your lessons are not wasted :p

You'd better be Luke and not Anakin.:p

jz1276

Jan 17, 2023
Visit site

I have not. Phone is only a month or so old but if that's what u guys suggest then that's what I'll do. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I have not. Phone is only a month or so old but if that's what u guys suggest then that's what I'll do. Thanks!

That's always a good first step. Did you get this phone directly from your carrier, or did you get it somewhere else and bring it to the carrier? If you got it from the carrier, that guarantees that the phone is fully compatible with all of the carrier's network bands. If you brought it from somewhere else, that may not always be the case, which can potentially lead to connection issues.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Been having an odd issue with my Samsung Galaxy A03s for the last couple of weeks. The problem only occurs after the phone hasn't been used for how ever long I'm asleep for, roughly 7 to 9 hours. I awake to the phone unable to make calls receiving the message "Phone not registered network only emergency calls". Any texts fail when trying to send. A simple restart fixes the issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Welcome to AC!
You can try setting>general management>reset>reset network

How old your sim card ?

jz1276

Jan 17, 2023
Visit site

That's always a good first step. Did you get this phone directly from your carrier, or did you get it somewhere else and bring it to the carrier? If you got it from the carrier, that guarantees that the phone is fully compatible with all of the carrier's network bands. If you brought it from somewhere else, that may not always be the case, which can potentially lead to connection issues.
I did purchase the phone from the carrier.

Welcome to AC!
You can try setting>general management>reset>reset network
How old your sim card ?
Tried resetting the network and the sim card is around a month or two old, came with the phone when I bought it as well.
I tried removing/re-inserting the sim, so will see if the problem persists.
I'm baffled as to why this only occurs while I'm asleep and not using the phone for 7-9 hours as this is only when I have the issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I did purchase the phone from the carrier.

Tried resetting the network and the sim card is around a month or two old, came with the phone when I bought it as well.
I tried removing/re-inserting the sim, so will see if the problem persists.
I'm baffled as to why this only occurs while I'm asleep and not using the phone for 7-9 hours as this is only when I have the issue.

You able to test your sim in another device to see if it does the same?

jz1276

Jan 17, 2023
Visit site

You able to test your sim in another device to see if it does the same?

No, no other device to test it but so far since I did everything everyone suggested and resetting the sim the issue hasnt reocurred.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

No, no other device to test it but so far since I did everything everyone suggested and resetting the sim the issue hasnt reocurred.

Hopefully it stays that way