Been having an odd issue with my Samsung Galaxy A03s for the last couple of weeks. The problem only occurs after the phone hasn't been used for how ever long I'm asleep for, roughly 7 to 9 hours. I awake to the phone unable to make calls receiving the message "Phone not registered network only emergency calls". Any texts fail when trying to send. A simple restart fixes the issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    01-17-2023 12:24 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you spoken to your carrier about this? Maybe they need to give you a replacement SIM.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-17-2023 01:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you spoken to your carrier about this? Maybe they need to give you a replacement SIM.
    That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well Obi wan your lessons are not wasted
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-17-2023 01:53 AM
    That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well Obi wan your lessons are not wasted
    You'd better be Luke and not Anakin.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-17-2023 02:17 AM
    I have not. Phone is only a month or so old but if that's what u guys suggest then that's what I'll do. Thanks!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-17-2023 02:58 AM
    I have not. Phone is only a month or so old but if that's what u guys suggest then that's what I'll do. Thanks!
    That's always a good first step. Did you get this phone directly from your carrier, or did you get it somewhere else and bring it to the carrier? If you got it from the carrier, that guarantees that the phone is fully compatible with all of the carrier's network bands. If you brought it from somewhere else, that may not always be the case, which can potentially lead to connection issues.
    01-17-2023 07:12 AM
    Been having an odd issue with my Samsung Galaxy A03s for the last couple of weeks. The problem only occurs after the phone hasn't been used for how ever long I'm asleep for, roughly 7 to 9 hours. I awake to the phone unable to make calls receiving the message "Phone not registered network only emergency calls". Any texts fail when trying to send. A simple restart fixes the issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Welcome to AC!
    You can try setting>general management>reset>reset network

How old your sim card ?
    01-17-2023 08:25 AM
    That's always a good first step. Did you get this phone directly from your carrier, or did you get it somewhere else and bring it to the carrier? If you got it from the carrier, that guarantees that the phone is fully compatible with all of the carrier's network bands. If you brought it from somewhere else, that may not always be the case, which can potentially lead to connection issues.
    I did purchase the phone from the carrier.

Welcome to AC!
    You can try setting>general management>reset>reset network
    How old your sim card ?
    Tried resetting the network and the sim card is around a month or two old, came with the phone when I bought it as well.
    I tried removing/re-inserting the sim, so will see if the problem persists.
    I'm baffled as to why this only occurs while I'm asleep and not using the phone for 7-9 hours as this is only when I have the issue.
    01-18-2023 03:47 AM
    I did purchase the phone from the carrier.

Tried resetting the network and the sim card is around a month or two old, came with the phone when I bought it as well.
    I tried removing/re-inserting the sim, so will see if the problem persists.
    I'm baffled as to why this only occurs while I'm asleep and not using the phone for 7-9 hours as this is only when I have the issue.
    You able to test your sim in another device to see if it does the same?
    01-18-2023 09:03 AM
    You able to test your sim in another device to see if it does the same?
    No, no other device to test it but so far since I did everything everyone suggested and resetting the sim the issue hasnt reocurred.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    01-20-2023 12:23 AM
    No, no other device to test it but so far since I did everything everyone suggested and resetting the sim the issue hasnt reocurred.
    Hopefully it stays that way
    01-20-2023 12:31 AM
    You'd better be Luke and not Anakin.
    My wife might say I can be a little of both sometimes lol
    B. Diddy and mustang7757 like this.
    01-23-2023 12:16 AM