Wbutchart1

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
Anyone else have this phone and if so how are you enjoying it?

I got it last week, seems to be an excellent phone, perviously I've had flagships and this phone seems to perform on par in most areas!

Wbutchart1

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
How are you liking your phone now, OP? I saw an A50 on the bus yesterday and it looked amazing!
I've had the phone 3 months now...I've previously had an s8 and a note 9 so the bar was set high. The A50 though is an incredible phone. Breezes through everything I ask of it, browser is fantastic and I see little to no lag at all. Best of all the battery life is epic! Charged to 75% and 15 hours later still at 37%.

Great screen, the speaker is decent considering mono and no Dolby (Bluetooth Dolby though). Only thing it struggles a bit with is rise of kingdoms which is a big game and even then it's only when exiting and going to home screen, had the same thing with the s8.

I would recommend the phone, great value and in 3 months it's had 3 updates, that will likely change but Samsung are quick to fix bugs and keep refining the phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone 3 months now...I've previously had an s8 and a note 9 so the bar was set high. The A50 though is an incredible phone. Breezes through everything I ask of it, browser is fantastic and I see little to no lag at all. Best of all the battery life is epic! Charged to 75% and 15 hours later still at 37%.

Great screen, the speaker is decent considering mono and no Dolby (Bluetooth Dolby though). Only thing it struggles a bit with is rise of kingdoms which is a big game and even then it's only when exiting and going to home screen, had the same thing with the s8.

I would recommend the phone, great value and in 3 months it's had 3 updates, that will likely change but Samsung are quick to fix bugs and keep refining the phone.

That's so awesome! I'm so glad you are liking it! How are you finding the camera?

Wbutchart1

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
That's so awesome! I'm so glad you are liking it! How are you finding the camera?
The camera isn't bad. It is the one thing I can see the difference on compared to the note 9, it has an exceptional camera. That's not to say the A50 is bad, its not and I've got some great photos on it, it's just not a note 9 level and nor should it be. Hope that rambling makes some sense....

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The camera isn't bad. It is the one thing I can see the difference on compared to the note 9, it has an exceptional camera. That's not to say the A50 is bad, its not and I've got some great photos on it, it's just not a note 9 level and nor should it be. Hope that rambling makes some sense....

Nope, I definitely got what you were saying! That makes sense.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

The newer A50s has a 48MP camera (although a smaller aperture), different rear panel design and a slightly faster processor (Exynos 9611)...I’ll wait for the reviews but in my opinion it shows that Samsung is listening (as performance and camera abilities were the main weaknesses of the A50).

Hopefully the A51 will be even better! :)

Wbutchart1

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
The newer A50s has a 48MP camera (although a smaller aperture), different rear panel design and a slightly faster processor (Exynos 9611)...I’ll wait for the reviews but in my opinion it shows that Samsung is listening (as performance and camera abilities were the main weaknesses of the A50).

Hopefully the A51 will be even better! :)
To be honest I don't think hardware is the issue with the camera but the software there. The a70 camera also got critiqued a bit for results. It has definitely gotten better with updates though.

The thing is the camera isn't bad at all, it's just that it feels it could be better based on the hardware.

The a51 next year will be worth watching out for too. I'm thinking either an s11e or a a71 next year but will wait and see based on what comes out.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
To be honest I don't think hardware is the issue with the camera but the software there. The a70 camera also got critiqued a bit for results. It has definitely gotten better with updates though.

The thing is the camera isn't bad at all, it's just that it feels it could be better based on the hardware.

The a51 next year will be worth watching out for too. I'm thinking either an s11e or a a71 next year but will wait and see based on what comes out.

Knowing Samsung’s way of updating its mid-range models performance should be good enough on the A51. As for the camera, it would be great to have a better main camera (especially in low light).

To get the best results on the A50’s camera using the 12MP mode generally and night mode for low light pictures is probably a good idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae