I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
What's the advantage compared to the official samsung hdmi cable and how much did it cost? I ordered the hdmi and the usb otg cable from amazon.uk

Last edited:

LeviathanPT

May 6, 2012
Visit site
The main advantage is being wireless, you can see the whole content of the cellphone (movies,pictures,games,browse and so on) without having a cable across the room, i bought it from handtech and it costs ?51.59.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The main advantage is being wireless, you can see the whole content of the cellphone (movies,pictures,games,browse and so on) without having a cable across the room, i bought it from handtech and it costs ?51.59.

ps, are there any cheaper versions of the wireless one mate?

i got quoted ?35 for the samsung cable today! rediculous eh. gona shop around for an aftermarket version, cheaper materials shouldnt make a difference to a digital signal should they?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
....wonder if theres a cheaper way to do the wireless thing... say a generic wireless micro usb to micro usb reciever then a s3 compatible 3rd party mhl-hdmi lead?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah. think i saw a link to an unofficial version of the cable.
its a pretty "Apple" thing for samsung to have done man. is there any explanation as to why they didnt just make it universal?

LeviathanPT

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it may work with other equipments since it mainly requires you to have allsharecast installed in the phone. Lets wait for the Note II to see if it has anything :|

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone knows how I can have a shortcut for the setting where we can change from 3g to 2g in a unrooted phone? It would be a good battery saver if I could only change to 3g when I want to use the Internet...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone knows how I can have a shortcut for the setting where we can change from 3g to 2g in a unrooted phone? It would be a good battery saver if I could only change to 3g when I want to use the Internet...

just turn off Mobile Data in the pull down toggles?(unless you still want gmail notifications etc)
i know on stock ICS theres a setting to only use 2g (gprs) but i havent found it on touchwiz so i duno if a widget would even do it mate

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes I still want notifications of emails, Skype and viber on but only turn on 3g when needed...
The setting is in: more settings, mobile network, network mode. If anyone knows of a widget or something please let us know.
Thanks

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
cool. can a homescreen shortcut not be set to take you to the setting or atleast a few steps closer to it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer