I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I am quite big on Social Integration with contacts, and HTC does a stellar job of it with Sense. How well is this handled in the SGSIII? Can I see all my Social Network traffic from the contacts application within individual contacts? Facebook? LinkedIn? Whatsapp? Twitter? This area is covered poorly in the reviews, even in ACs own review...

mgraff1

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Can hardly wait to get my Galaxy S III soon when available at Verizon. Because the screen is bigger than my clunky Palm Pre 2, how does the virtual keypad look and feel to you for texting?

Last edited:

Sammfieuk

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Alex
I have just got the s3 and it's my first smart phone and my first android devise so all very new!
Please can you tell me how to sync my windows live hot mail calendar to the one you get on the phone? Also how and where do you buy music from? Can see the play store icon but can only see apps and movies in there?

Sorry for such silly questions but been trying to find out all weekend! Never asked on a forum before either so everything s new to me!

Thank you for your help
The newby! :D

ddasher

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi Alex
I have just got the s3 and it's my first smart phone and my first android devise so all very new!
Please can you tell me how to sync my windows live hot mail calendar to the one you get on the phone? Also how and where do you buy music from? Can see the play store icon but can only see apps and movies in there?

Sorry for such silly questions but been trying to find out all weekend! Never asked on a forum before either so everything s new to me!

Thank you for your help
The newby! :D

Google Play Music is not available in the UK yet due to licencing issues. You can still sign up and install the Google music manager on your PC using the instructions available in the current Android magazine or on the Engadget website:

How-to: use Google Music from anywhere (yes, outside of the United States) -- Engadget

This will allow you to upload your own music collection to Google Play Music from where it will be available for streaming from any internet connected device or via Google Music app on any android device.

The Play Music store on Google can still searched under your Google Account and you can go through the motions of purchasing music but you need a US registered credit card to complete the transaction. :'(

Reactions: Sammfieuk

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this was already asked, but can a person swap the SD card out without having to pop the battery? I couldn't tell from the video.

-Suntan

craigdolson

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Alex, I have noticed on my GS3 that there is considerable lag when pressing the sleep / wake button to wake up the device. Have you experienced that on yours as well?

kingokocim

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any accessories and where can I find the best accessories for the S III? Does the battery drain quickly like other smart phones? I currently have the original HTC EVO 4G. I just pre-ordered the Galaxy S III for a June 20 ship date.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Alex,
Thank you for the response you made here on AC, appreciate all your feedback. There is no question in my Mind that the OneX has a superior display, however, Im wondering if your familiar with the Atrix2 by Motorola and how the Audio Output of both the HOX and Sammy compare to the A2.
Unfortunately there is no data on GSMarena for the Atrix2, otherwise this would be a very simple task for me, as they were indeed published for the OneX and The S-3, and it appears the S-3 has a Hedge on the OneX.

(Voice, dB) -(Pink noise/ Music, dB)- (Ringing phone, dB)
(Edit, Found data for Atrix 4G )

Motorola Atrix 4G 73.0 65.0 77.0
HTC One X 65.1 66.0 75.0 Average
Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III 75.1 66.5 75.0 Good

The above is data supplied from GSM arena (as a reference only) there is nothing that I am able to find relating to the Motorola Atrix 2, so that a simple comparison would be easy. I had posted in the Motorola User Forum, (Absolutely Worthless) all my real help has always come from here on AC.
Hope someone can help-

Last edited:

carey313

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi Alex,
Thanks for all the great information.

One problem I'm concerned with is talking on the phone for long periods. I have a Galaxy Nexus and it mutes me at random times, sometimes I can talk an hour or more and other times it mutes in minutes.

Have you used the phone on long calls and did you have any problem with dropped calls or the phone muting you or the other person?

Thanks again,
-=Carey

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex,

I noticed that you haven't quite gotten round to responding to my question below. Anyone else with a SGSIII can chip in.

I am quite big on Social Integration with contacts, and HTC does a stellar job of it with Sense. How well is this handled in the SGSIII? Can I see all my Social Network traffic from the contacts application within individual contacts? Facebook? LinkedIn? Whatsapp? Twitter? This area is covered poorly in the reviews, even in ACs own review...

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Have you used any streaming radio apps, like radio.com, or TuneIn Radio.

The nexus barely kept a stream for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia