I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this was already asked, but can a person swap the SD card out without having to pop the battery? I couldn't tell from the video.

-Suntan
you can do a hot swap. just make sure you unmount your sd card in the settings> storage before doing that to avoid data loss/corruption

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi Alex,

I noticed that you haven't quite gotten round to responding to my question below. Anyone else with a SGSIII can chip in.

i have synced my gmail, facebook, skype and yahoo address books to google sync and i now see it on my GS3.

GS3 has allowed me to link contact details that are fragmented across the various social media into a single contact

Wolftrakx26

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi Alex, when I applied an all time black wallpaper for my lock screen, with the ripple effect enable. My screen looks wash out with white blotches. I have notice that with all the wallpapers now, but it is really noticeable with darker color wallpapers. Is there a fix? Or is this a side effect? The wash out look disappears when the ripple effect is disabled. Here are two pictures that show the side effect. Thanks Alex!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have, what might be considered by some of the "more educated" Android users, to be a dumb question. I just want to know....when I unmount my SD card from my Gallaxy S II Epic Touch and pop it into my new S III, is everything going to be "right where I left it" on the S II?
I bought the HTC Evo LTE and when I put my card in it I couldn't find half of my stuff...playlists where missing in my music, 3 (of my favorite) movies were missing, etc. When I put the card back in the Epic Touch everything was there, right where I left it! ;)
I guess I am "praying" that "Samsung to Samsung" will be an easy swap so I can find everthing!!! I am not very "technical" at finding stuff that gets "hidden" in the dark depths somewhere. :confused:

Dreissig

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Let me just hope on to help answer some of these questions.

Is there anyway to make HDR the default shooting mode?

Yes. In the camara, go to ?settings -> shooting mode -> HDR?.

I was hoping he could let us know if it lasted a few hours (or even half a day) longer with similar use.

I didn't have a Galaxy nexus (I came from an Evo 4G), but I just wanna say that with heavy use totalling a few quick calls, 300+ messages throughout the day, syncing data in the background every hour, and quite a bit of web browsing and news reading; I can have my battery last me the whole day.

I just want to know....when I unmount my SD card from my Gallaxy S II Epic Touch and pop it into my new S III, is everything going to be "right where I left it" on the S II?

In my experience, no. I switched my SD card straight from my Evo 4G to my GS3, and it put all the old folders in a folder called ?extsdcard? and created all the folders it needed in a new one called ?sdcard?. The stuff I wanted to move I had to manually move to the other folder.

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
when I unmount my SD card from my Gallaxy S II Epic Touch and pop it into my new S III, is everything going to be "right where I left it" on the S II?

Certainly not a dumb question...

Everything should be there. You'll need to pop the card in and wait for the system to scan the card (usually not more than a few minutes). I'm not sure if it is still the case with the newer models, but Samsung used to add a notification to let you know the progress of the scan. This includes music, images, videos, and playlists.

I'm not sure why you would have experienced a problem with the Evo unless you simply didn't wait long enough (or their media player is bad about reading updated information). Samsung has a really good track record of supporting a wide range of movie formats, so perhaps you had some movies on the card that are not typically supported by Android. (You can, of course download applications to play those movies.)

Reactions: LoveMyPhone

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok ive got my phone... is there any app in the market that makes the led light flash every few seconds like a blackberry does ???

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Cant wait for android 5 to be released on this beast ... hopefully samsung gets it out to us quick

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Seriously,being that the phone is mostly constructed of plastic doors ,does it feel more like a toy or a phone?

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Last edited:

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Most phones are made of plastic. Reviews have stated that the S3 feels very solid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Most phones are made of plastic. Reviews have stated that the S3 feels very solid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

Good to hear that was one issue for me and why I chose my Evo4GLTE and HTC seems a lot quicker.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central