I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you search in google wikipedia will teel you. It?s 4G network were you can download up to 100mbit/s

oi youre a nice dude mate.. people come here instead of googling because of our personal touch (giggidy) ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Found another glitch since ug to jelly bean now I dont have driving mode in the top drop down scroll shortcut menu! Any one else found this? Apparently it's just me on the missing continuous input option on the keyboard to as others still seem to have it but I lost mine :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

yeah they replaced driving mode with blocking mode on mine which is fine by me since they took my license. just set up a shortcut :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Sammfieuk

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks at least I know I'm not going mad! Erm just one thing (get ready for total noob question!) How do I make a shortcut to driving mode!? :eek:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks at least I know I'm not going mad! Erm just one thing (get ready for total noob question!) How do I make a shortcut to driving mode!? :eek:

good question lol i honestly dont know.
what launcher do you use?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i cant even find driving mode in settings!! have we lost it completely? surely not...

hyde_41

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

Hi. I've got the Slll GT- i9300. Its been 2 months and a week since I purchased it. It came with the Ice cream Sandwich OS. Through Kies installed on my laptop I updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Before my update I transferred music files from my laptop to the micro sd card in the phone. I listened to music all the time with the default player that came installed on the phone without problems. After the upgrade to Jelly Bean I jogged with the phone in hand listening to music. No problem for about 1 1/2 hours. Then the volume started spontaneously decreasing to the point of not being able to hear the music. I would manually increase the volume from the headset volume button or the volume button on the phone. The volume would increase for the moment, but as soon as I released the volume would decrease again.
That's not all. In the notification drop area the sound icon will automatically change to the mute or vibrate icon.In the volume settings area of the mobile all the settings will automatically decrease to 0 - notification and system volume. Ring tone would change to the vibrate symbol. I would manually reconfigure the volume settings in the notification drop area and in the volume settings area, but the same problem would occur once I start using the music player again.A warning alert will also come up on screen about listening to loud music for a prolong period.
Note this problem does not happen if I play music or a video on the phone's speaker. The volume remains at the level that I set it. This problem also does not occur when I use a different headphone other than the one that came with the phone.
I have narrowed it down to either faulty headphone or a kink in the software when I up graded to Jelly Bean. Everything else before and since the upgrade work well.
I was thinking of doing a backup and reset in the phone settings, but I am new to smartphones and the android platform so I'm a bit hesitant.
If you have any advice or hints as to some kind of solution I would greatly appreciate it
Thanks.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Can you easily turn your own mp3 files into ring tones/text tones/ alarm alerts??

copy them into the ringtone folder mate or while playing one, tap menu, use as....

theres apps to cut the best part of a song to make it a ringtone :)

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
copy them into the ringtone folder mate or while playing one, tap menu, use as....

theres apps to cut the best part of a song to make it a ringtone :)

Ringtone trimmer is the best one. And it's easy.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ringtone trimmer is the best one. And it's easy.

my latest doesnt need cut as its a crackin long intro

http://db.tt/VIUro7xc

a beer to anyone who recognises the backing track from a dead west coast rapper :beer:

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Hey funky do u know of a root toolkit that does the rooting for you? I've never heard of such a thing but someone told me there was one. I wouldn't wanna do it if There's a chance it would mess up my phone. But could I also use it on my tablet? It's an Acer a100.

V1NY

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I've got the Slll GT- i9300. Its been 2 months and a week since I purchased it. It came with the Ice cream Sandwich OS. Through Kies installed on my laptop I updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Before my update I transferred music files from my laptop to the micro sd card in the phone. I listened to music all the time with the default player that came installed on the phone without problems. After the upgrade to Jelly Bean I jogged with the phone in hand listening to music. No problem for about 1 1/2 hours. Then the volume started spontaneously decreasing to the point of not being able to hear the music. I would manually increase the volume from the headset volume button or the volume button on the phone. The volume would increase for the moment, but as soon as I released the volume would decrease again.
That's not all. In the notification drop area the sound icon will automatically change to the mute or vibrate icon.In the volume settings area of the mobile all the settings will automatically decrease to 0 - notification and system volume. Ring tone would change to the vibrate symbol. I would manually reconfigure the volume settings in the notification drop area and in the volume settings area, but the same problem would occur once I start using the music player again.A warning alert will also come up on screen about listening to loud music for a prolong period.
Note this problem does not happen if I play music or a video on the phone's speaker. The volume remains at the level that I set it. This problem also does not occur when I use a different headphone other than the one that came with the phone.
I have narrowed it down to either faulty headphone or a kink in the software when I up graded to Jelly Bean. Everything else before and since the upgrade work well.
I was thinking of doing a backup and reset in the phone settings, but I am new to smartphones and the android platform so I'm a bit hesitant.
If you have any advice or hints as to some kind of solution I would greatly appreciate it
Thanks.

Plug your phone into Kies, back up, disconnect, go to settings, back up and reset and hit factory reset. Then once you get into the start up screen, reconnect your phone and hit restore on Kies. Very simple...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey funky do u know of a root toolkit that does the rooting for you? I've never heard of such a thing but someone told me there was one. I wouldn't wanna do it if There's a chance it would mess up my phone. But could I also use it on my tablet? It's an Acer a100.

nah pal sorry.
let me know if u find one. il be rooting soon and want the most friendly way possible lol. im terrible with computers :)

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, West of Europe :beer:

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
nah pal sorry.
let me know if u find one. il be rooting soon and want the most friendly way possible lol. im terrible with computers :)

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, West of Europe :beer:

I don't know if it works or not, but it was on xda. I'm still too scared to try it. If u do, let me know how it goes. It says not to use it on nonbranded tho I think
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2324590

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana