I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

Sammfieuk

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi does anyone know how to or if you can set a different notification tone for texts from application notifications as I can only see it in settings for all notifications.which is annoying as every time the sound goes off I jump thinking it's a text and it's some random stupid app! Surely we should be able to differentiate between texts and other stupid notifications? texts shouldn't be bundled with all the other they should be separate and you should be able to have a different tone and have option to turn others off? Any ideas x :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

kenrags

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

hi,

I have the same exact problem that Tom's facing.
I have done nothing apart from upgrading to JB 4.1.1 a month back.
I was at work and after attending an incoming call I placed the phone on desk and saw it rebooting automatically.
then, it went to the normal screen and to my surprise all was lost.
The icon customization, the widget placement, my contacts and messages. It was as If I was switching the phone for the first time giving me tips to use the phone.
I then rebooted the phone as it was not displaying any thing in gallery (pics, videos ..) and failed to detect the mem card.
On reboot it never complete the process and stuck on the boot logo nor it goes to recovery mode. Phone just restarts while entering the recovery mode. Does not even show the recovery screen.
then I tried to boot to the ODIN mode and land up here.
So, visited the Samsung service center and they say that I have rooted the mobile and denied repairing my phone.
Where as I never ever tried rooting the phone. they do not want to believe me as see me at fault.
Can you please help..

~ Ken

Sammfieuk

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

Another thing I've noticed since the update Is the new multi window feature. On first use it I could open two things split screen and thought wow this is awesome! But now every time I try to use it, it never does it anymore! So annoying I don't get it! :( has this happened to any one else? How to fix? Thanks

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi does anyone know how to or if you can set a different notification tone for texts from application notifications as I can only see it in settings for all notifications.which is annoying as every time the sound goes off I jump thinking it's a text and it's some random stupid app! Surely we should be able to differentiate between texts and other stupid notifications? texts shouldn't be bundled with all the other they should be separate and you should be able to have a different tone and have option to turn others off? Any ideas x :confused:

the settings should be within each app m8 but since youre on the GT, buy Light Flow app and itl let you control every part of every notification frm each app lol including LED colour, flash rate, tone and vibration pattern :)
the US versions have problems with it

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hi,

I have the same exact problem that Tom's facing.
I have done nothing apart from upgrading to JB 4.1.1 a month back.
I was at work and after attending an incoming call I placed the phone on desk and saw it rebooting automatically.
then, it went to the normal screen and to my surprise all was lost.
The icon customization, the widget placement, my contacts and messages. It was as If I was switching the phone for the first time giving me tips to use the phone.
I then rebooted the phone as it was not displaying any thing in gallery (pics, videos ..) and failed to detect the mem card.
On reboot it never complete the process and stuck on the boot logo nor it goes to recovery mode. Phone just restarts while entering the recovery mode. Does not even show the recovery screen.
then I tried to boot to the ODIN mode and land up here.
So, visited the Samsung service center and they say that I have rooted the mobile and denied repairing my phone.
Where as I never ever tried rooting the phone. they do not want to believe me as see me at fault.
Can you please help..

~ Ken

bro ive heard of same thing and im horrified to say that if you cant fix it (try XDA forums), youre gona have to pay to get it fixed.
i really feel for u. i have modded my phone so i dont deserve a warranty but u havent :(
plz try the more advanced sites for your model and carrier and be as clear as possible how it happened.
dont give samsung your money, the screen turns on so its not dead.
good luck man and plz let us know how u get on :beer:

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

Another thing I've noticed since the update Is the new multi window feature. On first use it I could open two things split screen and thought wow this is awesome! But now every time I try to use it, it never does it anymore! So annoying I don't get it! :( has this happened to any one else? How to fix? Thanks

mines still fine although i barely use it coz not enuf apps supported but i duno brer... take it its turned on in settings?
other than that..... factory reset :( sounds bad but the s3 needs a good chimney sweep and itl fly after it.
just back up whatever u can 1st m8 :beer:

just remember it only works with like 8 apps lol. am sure the dev's are hard at work :)

melodika

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
When i connect earphones to my siii for music,i just hear the music sound not the sing(i mean i dont hear singer's words)
Im sure earphones are fully plugged in & i dont have such problem without earphones.
Do u have such problem with ur phone? any idea for solving it?
Tnx in advance...

GWW1

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm blonde, so therefore asking a typically 'blonde' question I think?!.........How do I reduce the size of my videos / files in order to send via WhatsApp?

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm blonde, so therefore asking a typically 'blonde' question I think?!.........How do I reduce the size of my videos / files in order to send via WhatsApp?

That is a good question I'd liked to know that

Hassan K. Malik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, hope you can help? My galaxy s3 is frozen as soon as I turn it on....it is frozen saying Samsung galaxy s111 gt -19300

Did u try rooting it? There could be many factors but rest assured your phone is still OK and will be back to life... PM me if u have any questions or u still can't get it back on....

Sent from i9300 using Android Central.....

shfaba

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
can you help please?
i have SGS III and me play store want open the app's, or when it does it does not download the apps, it says "not available in your country

shfaba

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am not very good with smart phones (new user), i have sgs3 and my play store want open or when it does almost all apps i am trying to download it says "not available" in your country. please someone help because it drives me crazy....

Renee Brandon

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

hi, i have a I93000, version 4.1.1, Baseband MT6577, KERNEL 3.0.15-570657-user, se.infra@SEP-102#1, SMP PREEMPT Wed May 23 09:05:19, KST 2012; BUILD: IMM76D.I93000ZSALED.9P017.6628; It does not have the FLIPFONT app installed. how can i get that app on my phone?
Hi, today is sunday 3/10/13 AND I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED my international I93000, as mentioned above! NOW, Iwould like to change roms, now I would like to get some advice on this.

Last edited:

ivanlendl

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi. I'm new to Galaxy S3, so making all sorts of mistakes.
I was able to change notification ringtones and I would see a list of all the S3's tones. Somehow when I try to change a tone I see ES Explorer and it only shows tones that I've loaded in. Do you know where the S3's tones are, and how I can get that list back again?
Cheers,
Ivan Lendl

Faultymango

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys.
I have the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300T (Vodafone Australia version). I would like to flash the phone, but one question. Do I need to root my s3 before flashing or no?
Thanks guys :)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Android Central Forums

Lisa Huffman

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm having trouble "labeling" my memos. I can add titles but they are not visible at the higher level only when you open the memo itself. I do have a couple labeled so far but can't back track how I accomplished. Do you have any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using Samsung's S Memo on the Samsung III

Drewp60

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Alex,
I can't seem to get my samsung Galaxy s3 titanium to play through the bluetooth in my car when using the navigate feature on the phone. Any suggestions>
Drew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12