GT-I9300 users thread :)

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Apparently one of the updates puts a brightness slider in the menu that appears if you pull the notification bar down

Ahh, ok, thanks for the input. So that takes care of the problem of not having a global brightness setting everyone complained about?

jetrated

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Non carrier branded GT-I9300 in Curacao, Dutch Caribbean

My last OTA update gave me the screen brightness slider. Baseband version UBLG2. When I check for updates non are available.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
seems like only the UK is gettin the latest update so far then. aparently its a fix for battery drain but i havent noticed a difference

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Just ditched my i747 and got the GT-I9300. Loving itttt and i get my updates ota

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
cool. why did u choose the gt man. dont u get LTE in your area? do you notice any difference between the two performance wise?

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
cool. why did u choose the gt man. dont u get LTE in your area? do you notice any difference between the two performance wise?

I did get LTE. But it was nowhere near as strong as id hope for. Max i would get was 12mbps down and on hspa+ i get around 6-8mbps.. it doesnt really make a difference. It still loads everything just as fast as if i were on LTE.

Hardware perfomance wise, ive really noticed a difference. Its much smoother, this phone has sort of a cool swag about it lol. Its like the older wiser version of the s3. I absolutely love it, i clearly see a difference and ive only had it for a day. Also it runs a lot cooler, my other s3 would get very hot on the bottom.. this one after playing around with it the whole day has yet to get hot. Impressive

Furthermore, another big upside is the high resale value as i live in an area where sim free phones are expensive so its another plus so when its time to upgrade for the s4 i can resale it since i dont pay for my cell phone my company does but the only catch is that i cant upgrade (gotta buy all phones at full retail value)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
cool. i dont use contracts so i always have to pay full price but i use pre-pay tariffs so it gives me the freedom to change carrier whenetver i see a better deal :) i wonder if we'l ever wish we had the 2gb ram..

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
cool. i dont use contracts so i always have to pay full price but i use pre-pay tariffs so it gives me the freedom to change carrier whenetver i see a better deal :) i wonder if we'l ever wish we had the 2gb ram..

Well if we had the exynos chip plus the 2GB of ram then it would be a very powerful handset.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
well u chose a great first android lol :) ive never had an iphone. theyre not really as popular here as in US. theyr kinda seen as poser phone for people with more money than sense lol :)

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Well i think here everyone gets them just cuz of popularity.. im a manager at best buy mobile which is pretty much "car phone warehouse counter part of the US. And when i ask people why they want an iphone. They dont have an answer.. androids can do so much more, the only thing that the iphone figured out was the ecosystem...

Most people here think that an android phone is a cheap phone.. when in reality high end android phones cost as much as the iphone if not more.

I love my sIII dearly. I still have my iphone 4S and when i put my sim back in it i was like ewww.. put it right back on my s3 lmao

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh and also having the i9300 means i get all the updates faster than the carrier counter parts here... woohoo can't wait for jelly bean!

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh and also having the i9300 means i get all the updates faster than the carrier counter parts here... woohoo can't wait for jelly bean!

Did you ever get 50Mbits LTE coverage to notice a real difference in surfing between the 2 phones? From 12Mbits to 8Mbits you dont really notice any difference, of course...What about battery, does the international version last much longer because its only 3G instead of 4G? What I do in all my phones is disconnect the 3G, only beeing in 2G, except when I want to to go to internet....this way my batteries last 3 times more. I did not yet get my S3 (my company also ordered it but Vodafone is taking a lot of time to send it, grrrr!) so I dont really know the Android OS yet, is it possible to put a shortcut in the home screen, so we can change from GSM to HSPA very quickly?

Regarding Quad-Core AND 2Gb of ram (along with LTE support) there is a SHV-E210K Korean Version of the S3 that has it all, check it out: Samsung SHV-E210K Galaxy S3 LTE Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

By the way, it looks like Jelly Bean (with the much expected "Project Butter" and "Google Now" ) is finally coming to the Galaxy S3 in just a couple of days (29th August):
Official Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 leaks - GSMArena.com news
Alleged Samsung N7100 Galaxy Note II official photo surfaces - GSMArena.com news (see last paragraph)

I wonder if only the unlocked version will get it then and if the carriers versions will take much longer to get it...I am surely looking for that project butter thing: 60fps animations looks tasty ;)

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles