Problems with stock contact application

rsoub

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just go my new s3 and i seem to be having a slight issue.

Every now and again when i open my contacts application, there's a 2-4 second lag till the app actually opens, also, there's another 2-3 second lag if I try to scroll through contact from the right hand side letters slider.

My contacts are on gmail, so the app only syncs with gmail and whatsapp and i have only 90 contacts.

Is this happening to anyone else? is there a fix? I mean it's not a dealbreaker but it's a very annoying thing to happen on a brand new quad core phone.

Please heeelp :) !

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i dont use stock contacts mate, i use Go Contacts/Go Dialer and its instant
(and beautiful with the right theme) :)
i really should work for Go Dev's lol. even wished them a happy birthday on fb yesterday :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Last edited:

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just go my new s3 and i seem to be having a slight issue.

Every now and again when i open my contacts application, there's a 2-4 second lag till the app actually opens, also, there's another 2-3 second lag if I try to scroll through contact from the right hand side letters slider.

My contacts are on gmail, so the app only syncs with gmail and whatsapp and i have only 90 contacts.

Is this happening to anyone else? is there a fix? I mean it's not a dealbreaker but it's a very annoying thing to happen on a brand new quad core phone.

Please heeelp :) !

Did you tried disabling s voice?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Did you tried disabling s voice?

disabling every pre-installed app u dont use thats visible in app drawer is always a good idea mate (not Messaging though!) ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

rsoub

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm, I don't know how S-Voice is related to contacts application. But I tried that just now, didn't improve the situation :S

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I said s voice because I read it influenced the speed to get back to the home screen

yeah mate youre thinking of the "home button double tap" shortcut to s-voice.. that causes a second delay to return to homescreen because the phone is waiting for the second tap ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36