Gallery won't sync with Facebook

Khatul

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Dear universe, I've got a problem.
My Galaxy SIII-I9300 has got two entries for Facebook accounts: one for the Facebook app and another for sync. That's old news, though I have no idea why on (Google) earth, if I have only one Facebook, I need to enter it twice. But so be it - I did try to set up the sync account... but here's the thing: IT FAILED.
When I enter my username and password (correct, double-checked), it displays a browser-like window with the following text (black on pink): "An error occurred with SamsungMobile. Please try again later."

OK, I've read my Samuel Becket, and "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better" is as good a creed as any other. But I don't even fail better: all the failures result in the same black-on-pink enigmatic message, which I can't make heads or tails of. In fact, even googling for "SamsungMobile" without spaces did not bring any meaningful results.

Now of course I can view my Facebook galleries through the Facebook app; but I want them in my Galaxy gallery, near the syncs from Picasa and all that stuff. Any hope for me?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Short of it is no, Facebook galleries do not sync to the phone. It's not anything you're doing wrong, it just doesn't work like that.

Khatul

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
In fact today a miracle occurred: I did succeed in logging onto the sync account. I did nothing new: it just logged me in, that's all. Probably the "try again later" part was true after all.
So, strabo231, I've got good news for you: Facebook DOES sync with the phone gallery. I can see my Facebook galleries now where I wanted them, and it's awesomely convenient. No idea why it hadn't worked earlier, though.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
In fact today a miracle occurred: I did succeed in logging onto the sync account. I did nothing new: it just logged me in, that's all. Probably the "try again later" part was true after all.
So, strabo231, I've got good news for you: Facebook DOES sync with the phone gallery. I can see my Facebook galleries now where I wanted them, and it's awesomely convenient. No idea why it hadn't worked earlier, though.

Huh..Well I'll be damned. I've never seen that actually work. I knew it was supposed to, but there are a lot of supposed to 's with that thing. I got tired of the bugs and the ever increasing size of the app every time an update came out, so I switched to Friendcaster a few months ago. I probably won't switch back now. No comparison

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

do the facebook pics use up phone memory or are they on the cloud mate?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Huh..Well I'll be damned. I've never seen that actually work. I knew it was supposed to, but there are a lot of supposed to 's with that thing. I got tired of the bugs and the ever increasing size of the app every time an update came out, so I switched to Friendcaster a few months ago. I probably won't switch back now. No comparison

tbh the mobile web version beats all the client apps nowadays mate used alongside Facebook Messanger ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
tbh the mobile web version beats all the client apps nowadays mate used alongside Facebook Messanger ;)

Never heard of it. I'll have to check that out. I still use the Facebook messenger since none of the mobile users ever show up on the other ones, I just hate using the Facebook app

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just search m.facebook.com on your browser mate :)
fb apps are notoriously crap lol ;)

ahunter281#WP

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine to sync. Go into settings, then into accounts and sync. From there you need to select add account and in the list you should see an addition facebook option that is unticked. Just tick this and you'll be taken to a log in for facebook and allow samsung to connect. Takes a while to sync everything if you have a lot of photos.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine to sync. Go into settings, then into accounts and sync. From there you need to select add account and in the list you should see an addition facebook option that is unticked. Just tick this and you'll be taken to a log in for facebook and allow samsung to connect. Takes a while to sync everything if you have a lot of photos.

lol i actualy forgot to answer the question. sorry op ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
do the facebook pics use up phone memory or are they on the cloud mate?

anyone got an answer to this? i.e, is it just thumbnails saved on the phone that load up when you tap them

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
anyone got an answer to this? i.e, is it just thumbnails saved on the phone that load up when you tap them

It's supposed to be cloud. They also apparently are offering users 2 gb if cloud storage for photos already on phone, but I don't know if it's actually working that way yet.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It's supposed to be cloud. They also apparently are offering users 2 gb if cloud storage for photos already on phone, but I don't know if it's actually working that way yet.

do you mean DropBox mate?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
do you mean DropBox mate?

I'll try to dig up where I was reading it. I don't think it's any third party cloud storage though from how it sounds. I believe it's Facebook themselves because you can only set the sync up through the official Facebook app

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
you can sync picassa, google+ (plus) and dropbox to save every pic you take online. dropbox give 2gb free space to anyone but (in the UK anyway) they gave an extra free 48gb for 2years thrown in with the s3 as a promotion

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey