Can a custom rom affect my texting?

Daniel_Sullivan

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I installed CM10 on my GS3 i9300 about a week ago. My current service provider is Rogers.

The problem is, that I've had twice now that is around 7 pm or so my phone can no longer send texts to a non Rogers number and or receive texts from a non Rogers number. I can still call and get calls fine (even from a non rogers number) but texting doesnt work (I can also get texts and send texts to rogers numbers). That happened wednesday.

Tonight how ever, my phone could recieve texts no problem from an carrier but for some reason it couldn't send a text period. Now both times I called into Rogers and got the problem resolved but I was wondering, Could Cyanogenmod 10 be affecting the texting from my phone and accidentally erasing the number for the Rogers message centre?? (Every time I try to enter the number it gives me an error) ..is there any reason for this? or should a remove the root and custom rom from my phone and hopefully that resolves my messaging issue

P.S. Texting works fine throughout the day too. I experience no problems.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
its a strange one mate but if any of your friends in your area on Rogers arent having the problem, i can only assume its the rom.
hav you posted on the CM forums?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC