GS3 Voice dialling via phone or bluetooth headset

mds167

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
Hope you can help. I'm new to my GS3 and was planning to get a bluetooth headset to make/receive calls but I can't seem to find how to make a voice call.
Is this function not supported?
Or do I have to use S-Voice
S-Voice only appears to work with my phone unlocked - defeating the object of a bluetooth hand-free!
Perhaps i was too hasty ordering that headset!

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I use a Jawbone Prime, when I hold the call button on the headset, S - Voice is activated so I can voice dial even when the phone is locked.

mds167

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I was looking at a Samsung clip - hs3000 - so hope it might do the same. Was panicking a bit!
Thanks again.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
cant s-voice be woken with a keyword anyway? (duno coz i dont use it and it would probably swallow your battery lol)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

mds167

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think the default wake command is "hi Galaxy" but the couple of times I tried it the phone carried on sleeping!
I've got the headset on order so we''ll see what happens when I get it and have a play.
I've read that JB is better at voice recog - time will tell!

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to mention the GS3 has some sort of headset profile which means S Voice anounces missed calls etc, never had that on my last phone.

mds167

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi
A couple of weeks in with the Samsung HS3000 headset now.
I'm still getting to grips with the voice dialling function - the Contact name and number needs to be easy for S-Voice to locate it and not bring up multiple contacts from the address book.

The best thing about the HS3000 is the ability to sync two bluetooth devices.
I purchased a KOKKIA i10s bluetooth adapter so I can have my ipod Classic running at the same time.
The SH3000 retains play/pause, FWD/REV and volume control over the ipod and will allow the GS3 to interrupt with calls, pausing the music.

The HS3000 takes approx 20 seconds to wake up and want to pair and once I worked out how best to do it (the opposite of the instruction manual), both devices pair within a minute.
In the Bluetooth menue I have the GS3 set-up for "Call Audio", leaving the Media Audio box unticked.
Sound quality is OK, though not as good as a direct connection with either ipod or GS3. It does mean that I can use my own headphones though.

Overall, I'm pleased. It alows me to put my phone and ipod securely out of sight/out of the weather and with a bit of work, it'll be useful to make/receive calls thorugh the headset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt