10-31-2017 06:23 AM
47 12
tools
    can't find no developer on options
    What version firmware are you running?
    If you're on 4.3, in order to enable Developer options you have to go to Settings -> About phone and tap on the build information about 7 times and it'll enable those options.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    12-10-2013 01:35 AM
    What version firmware are you running?
    If you're on 4.3, in order to enable Developer options you have to go to Settings -> About phone and tap on the build information about 7 times and it'll enable those options.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

it's 4.3 alright... thanks.. got it. I'ma work on it and get back if there's any flaws! and uuuuh... if I root my phone so many times (cause so far it's like 5 times)
    cause any problems to my phone?
    12-10-2013 01:54 AM
    i have a samsung galaxy s3 and my screen always flickers then will go black and the only to make it come back on is if i press the power button!!
    i have try majority of the things people have posted but none of them work
    how can i fix my screen?!?!?
    Same problem for my galaxy s3. Any solutions?
    01-28-2014 01:54 PM
    Hi, haven't read all the way through this post but I think my flickering is slightly different. Basically when ever I slide between screens random apps appear to be loading and then just disappear, I have cleared all open programs/ram but this does not help. This has only started happening over the past view days, I haven't installed any new apps so I'm a little confused. Just wondering whether anybody else is getting this, and how I can fix the problem.
    03-14-2014 10:54 AM
    I am having the same problem starting only recently with flickering to different app screens. I also have not installed any new apps recently. I have not found anyone else with a similar problem/solution. I tried doing a factory restore, but after only several hours it has returned again.
    04-01-2014 02:20 AM
    I tried doing a factory restore, but after only several hours it has returned again.
    Welcome to the forums!

"after several hours" as in "after you reinstalled all of your previous apps"? Or did you try using the phone clean and the problem still occurred?

You can try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and if the problem goes away then it's a 3rd party app causing your issue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    04-01-2014 10:47 AM
    I am facing the same issue where screen of my galaxy S3 start flickering when battery goes to 100%, It becomes normal on less than 99%, Also, I have observed, this is not reproducing every time. Should I go for selling this phone? Please suggesst.

The second problem, I can't off the auto dictionary function while typing and I can't find video call option.
    08-11-2014 10:48 AM
    Just change the battery it works...
    09-18-2014 03:17 AM
    or "show screen update"

Attachment 40127

uncheck!
    basicly uncheck everythin u see in screenshot

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Thanks. Please I need help with my Samsung GT-19300. It keeps flashing blue light weneva I press the home or power button. And its annoyingly bright. And the auto adjust brightness is malfunctioning.
    10-23-2014 04:14 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    It keeps flashing blue light weneva I press the home or power button. And its annoyingly bright. And the auto adjust brightness is malfunctioning.
    Sounds like it may be a hardware problem. To confirm, perform a Factory Reset (be sure to backup your information first) - if the problems still occur then you're pretty much out of luck.

Did the problems start in conjunction with dropping the phone? Or in conjunction with an OTA?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    10-24-2014 05:12 PM
    I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!! GET A NEW BATTERY ASAP, Yes! i thought my battery was fine and it looked fine to be honest but after i failed to fix it with trying over 15 methods i just gave up and bought myself an original new battery, charged it for 6 hours and BOOM my phone is running like it never did i never experienced the flickering no matter how much pressure i put on the phone. What are u waiting for?! go get a battery
    Colm Corcoran likes this.
    12-01-2014 09:11 AM
    Same problem. After days of uninstalling apps and tweaking system, I replaced the battery, it had been telling me lies as to how much power it had left, touch wood, seems to be working fine and draining normally.
    12-01-2014 10:38 AM
    I also have the same problem but it occurs only when I have about 40% battery. So it might be your battery.
    02-16-2015 09:49 AM
    I know it's been a little while but I had this exact thing happen on my MotoX -

I found a solution to it, although all phones may not be equal.

The Camera.
    Aps/camera/ uncheck "show notifications" as well as clear the data/cache (both)

This solved my screen flicker, as odd as it seems. (it also reset the camera tutorial, which I then went over again and took over 100 photos, and the flicker has NOT returned)

It might help you, or anyone else reading. Maybe mine was a fluke, just thought I'd share.
    04-11-2015 02:02 AM
    I've seen all variants of screen flickers.
    One can be due to some developer options being selected - show screen updates, show pointer etc.
    Another can be due to hardware problems;
    - if you've ever dropped your phone or other sort of physical shock it can cause a loose connection, unlucky, uncommon, but certainly possible.
    - if you've ever left your phone out in the sun, this can cause heat stress to the connections to the screen itself, very very uncommon and you would see the screen is a bit hard to read after that amount of heat.
    - another cause of screen flickering is what I call "caveman syndrome" where I see people tapping the screen quite hard, over time it compacts the layers of the capacitive touch membrane so "Gronk" (my universal cave dweller name) just taps harder as time goes by.
    - total screen blackouts can be the backlight having a failure, if you get an extended blackout try getting a good LED torch and shining at an angle and see if you can make out what should be on the screen, if you can see something using the torch it's a safe bet your backlight is on the fritz.
    Cheers,
    Scott.
    I figured out what caused my screen flicker.
    Hope this helps.
    My symptoms: screen would start flickering and then i would get a black screen. All other functions work just could not see anything. Turning phone off and restarting would give me about 30 seconds before the screen would start flickering again.
    Cause:
    My phone got exposed to a magnetic field. Something in my phone got magnetized . In my case, a power drill at work is what did it.

Solution:
    I let my phone sit. Power off for a day. And the flickering only started after 2min. So i let it sit for a full week. It has not flickered since. This was 4 months ago.

Phone model :Samsung galaxy s3
    But i can imagine this could happen to all kinds of phones and models.

Lots of things in our world can create a magnetic field!!!
    03-27-2016 12:12 PM
    I beg your pardon but it was EXACTLY because of that. I followed what Abilash S advised & that fixed the problem! I turned off the developer options & I have not been having anymore problems. Obviously, Abilash S knew exactly what he was talking about!
    06-15-2016 10:27 AM
    Everytime i try to check my messages or press menu for it to come on, the screen remains black, then keep pressing the middle button it lights up but turns off very quickly, it does not allow me to check anything.

i went to settings, but i dont see Developer options, can you assits with this?
    07-17-2016 11:01 AM
    Reasons for folifolicking
    07-29-2016 07:16 AM
    I figured out what caused my screen flicker.
    Hope this helps.
    My symptoms: screen would start flickering and then i would get a black screen. All other functions work just could not see anything. Turning phone off and restarting would give me about 30 seconds before the screen would start flickering again.
    Cause:
    My phone got exposed to a magnetic field. Something in my phone got magnetized . In my case, a power drill at work is what did it.

Solution:
    I let my phone sit. Power off for a day. And the flickering only started after 2min. So i let it sit for a full week. It has not flickered since. This was 4 months ago.

Phone model :Samsung galaxy s3
    But i can imagine this could happen to all kinds of phones and models.

Lots of things in our world can create a magnetic field!!!
    Hello. I had my phone disassembled for 1year and I just bought a new digitizer because the screen has broken at that time.
    While I was assembling parts I noticed that the pieces that I have taken from the phone had some magnet force.. The screws were "glued" to the several parts of the phone i had stored in a bag.. So I think maybe you could be right about this.. What I notice is that when I let the phone on, but in standby, and then when I turn it on, the flickering is better and slowly starts to become worse in 1min..
    09-07-2016 03:57 AM
    I just started having screen flickering problems in the last 2 days. I have had my s3 since 2012. I figure it's gotta die at some point. I have installed so many different ROMs, Recovery's, all kinds of weird stuff. Rooted, developer options...you name it. Best phone I've ever owned. I guess if it keeps up I'll need to switch back to my galaxy s1
    01-14-2017 08:22 PM
    Yetserday out of nowhere my samsung S3 screen started to flicker (it's like lines on the screen all the time moving). I've tried rebooting I even bought an anti-virus.... I have no idea what's happening it won't stop. Any help?
    I disabled auto brightness in the pull down menu.
    10-25-2017 06:19 AM
    Same problem @FabianaMCC had. Some white lines move on screen then the phone reboots. I have custom ROM - Lineage OS 14.1 and custom kernel - Boeffla latest. Through the zip, I disabled all the kernel configurations and did not helped. Maybe it is problem of battery too, because in powered off mode (when charging) battery STILL shows 69/70%, if powered on (only for few seconds-minutes, then screen flickers and phone restarts) it shows less then 10% and in TWRP it shows some random amount of % (once it was 0, once 80...) I was not doing anything before this started happening. I consider buying a new battery, then I will write here if it solved the problem. Thanks for all help.
    10-31-2017 06:23 AM
47 12