New to Android with an S3 - CSC

seh2000

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, but did a firmware instal on the old SE X1 to get a feel for the Android world.
Now I have a Samsung S3 which I got because my old phone died when on business trip.

My issue is:

I got the phone in Cyprus, but will use it mainly in Venezuela (complicated), but I would like to get the latest firmware updates e.g. from the UK.
I downloaded the CSC Select Tool, but I have no clue what the long list of Sales Codes means (used this link Samsung firmware code reference - ykkfive ) but not all the codes I see when I use the CSC Select Tool I find in the list.

Is there a place where I can get a translation from the 3 letter abbreviation to a country?
Is the CSC code operator related?

Anyone can recommend the best CSC setting? Right now it is CYV which I understand is for Cyprus

I attached screen shot from the About Device if that helps any way!

Thanks so much in advance!!!!

Steen

Attachments

• 2012-10-16 06.04.41.png
    2012-10-16 06.04.41.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 17

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
sorry mate i dont have a CLUE about the rest of the stuff sorry but i think "when" you get updates depends on which country youre actualy "in" unless you wana do sum hacking.
for example, Sweden recently got the big Jellybean update, i cant get that in the UK without hacking the phone as far as i know.
good luck mate :beer:

ps i notice your fimware is a bit out of date. have u tried checking for updates on the phone or with Kies on your computer?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Nick Fury

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
First of all you need to flash a stock firmware with multi csc option. A good search will help you find one.

Then once flashed you need to download Samsung Galaxy S/S2/S3 CSC free from the Google Play Store.

Open the app and select a new CSC from the list.

But please note that when you change your CSC your device will perform a full Factory Wipe so you will loose any apps and data that are not saved on the External Sd card.

Also on a side note, the CSC will not stop your device from working no matter which one is selected. It only makes a difference when connecting to Kies for Official Updates.

Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

seh2000

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi funkylogik,

Tx for your feedback.

I tried several times to get a newer firmware using Kies, but all I got was "Up to date" I am now back home so I will try again.

Steen

seh2000

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Nick,

Tx for your feedback...

Might be me, but I have not found any stock firmware with multi CSC option, guess I use wrong parameters.

I have downloaded the CSC from Google Play Store where I see lots of "codes" but still struggle to figure out where for they are.

Steen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos