[Guide] Root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 on XXDLIB Jelly Bean 4.1 Firmware with CF-Root

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

***** DISCLAIMER *****

I am in no way responsible for what you do to your device.. Use at your own risk! I in no way take credit for this guide... all credit goes to the author
Alex Dumitru of Android Geeks...

I'm just passing along the info!​

gs3hacked.jpg

[INFO]- This will teach you how to successfully gain root access on your Galaxy S3 smartphone using CF-Root by Chainfire from XDA. Use all the instructions that I have listed in this post and you will manage to root your device.

This tutorial should be used by advanced Android users and you should apply it on your device in case you wish to get access to all other Galaxy S3 functions. Applying this root will allow you to install new Custom Jelly Bean ROMs that will improve the overall performance of your device.

Note that before rooting your device, you will first need to read the pre-requisites guide and learn what you have to do so that the root process will complete successfully. Remember that you might be forced to wipe the data after applying the root, as the device might be able to boot properly. More about this can be found in the prep guide.

CF-Root tool was created by Chainfire and it is one of the most popular rooting solutions for Galaxy S3 owners. You should be able to flash all files in under five minutes without the need of losing any data. The only thing that you need to remember is that in case the phone doesn?t power ON after the root, you will need to boot into a custom recovery mode and wipe data and factory reset the device. Hopefully, you won?t need to do all that and the root will apply successfully.

Now that you read all of the above, I think that you should move to the
pre-requisites and guidelines part of this post and, learn how to properly configure your device so that you?ll manage to root the Galaxy S3 I9300 at your first attempt.
[/INFO]

Here?s what you need to know:

Pre-requisites and Guidelines
How to root Galaxy S3 I9300 on Android 4.1.1 XXDLIB Firmware with CF-Root:

[WARN]WARNING
Apply this root only on the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300. Do not use this guide with other Android devices as you might end up bricking their firmware. Check your phone?s model version by opening the ?About Device? menu from the Settings menu.

[/WARN][NOTE]Note that you should backup all your important files. Move them to your computer or place them on your device?s internal /external sdcard.
Note that you should backup SMS and other important files.
Note the Contacts app can be synced with your Gmail account.
[/NOTE]
  • Disable all antivirus applications that are running on your computer. This will prevent such security programs from blocking CF-Root and Odin. Odin is the program that you will use to flash the root files.
  • Your computer should have the Samsung USB drivers installed. If yours doesn?t then you can choose to download them from HERE ( Windows 64-bit x64 ), or HERE ( Windows 32bit x86 ).
  • Disable the Samsung Kies software when Odin application will run.
  • Open Settings, then Applications > Development and enable the USB Debugging option. This option will help your PC recognize your Galaxy S3 before installing the root.
  • Charge your phone?s battery so that it won?t power off in the middle of the rooting process.
  • The rooting process shouldn?t take more than five minutes. But, you should only apply it if you know what you?re doing.
  • We cannot be blamed in case you damage your device in the process or, in case you lose any data after flashing CF-Root.
  • Use the comments section to post all your extra questions regarding this tutorial. Also, tell us in comments if you managed to apply the root and if you found any bugs after applying all files.
Now that you know all of the above, I think that you should move to the next part of this guide. Read all the instructions that are listed under the Tutorial and only after you?ve read them all, you can begin the root.

Pre-requisites/Guidelines

TUTORIAL
How to root Galaxy S3 I9300 on Android 4.1.1 XXDLIB Firmware with CF-Root:

1) Download CF-Root XXDLIB rooting zip file HERE. Extract its contents into a single folder on your desktop. You should get a single ?CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar? file. Do not extract any furtherthan that.

2) Download Odin 1.85 from HERE. Unzip it into the same folder as the XXDLIB rooted firmware.

3) Now, power off your smartphone as you will need to boot it into Download mode.

4) Enter Download Mode by pressing at the same time ?volume down? + ?home? + ?power? buttons. Release the buttons when the screen lights up. The phone will load a welcoming screen and you will be told press ?volume up? in order to enter Download Mode. ODIN should say ?ADDED? and this means that the phone was recognized by the PC and you?re good to go. If ODIN doesn?t display the added message, then you need to reinstall the Samsung USB drivers as otherwise you cannot root your phone.

5) Launch ODIN executable on your computer and connect your SGS3 to your computer using the USB cable.

6) In ODIN click the ?PDA? tab button and browse your computer for the ?CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar? file. Load it into ODIN and move to the next step.

7) Do not change any default Odin settings and then click on START. Now the rooting process will be launched and you should wait at least 3 minutes for it to complete.

8) When the root is completed, your Galaxy S3 will restart and ODIN should say ?PASS?. This means that the root was applied and your phone can be disconnected from your PC.

9) After the SGS3 boots successfully, you should go to Play Store and download the ?Root Checker? app on your device and run it to see if the root was applied. Alternatively, you can search your App drawer for the SuperSU / SuperUser application, as that will mean that the guide was successful.

10) Now that the root has been applied, you can begin the search for new Jelly Bean root-based applications or you can even install a brand new custom Android 4.1.1 JB ROM.
ENJOY :)

[NOTE]NOTE: In case ODIN doesn?t display the ?PASS? alert, then the root wasn?t installed and you have to close ODIN, disconnect the phone from PC, power off the phone, remove its battery, re-insert it back in its place and then re-run ODIN and connect the PC with your SGS3. Repeat the entire tutorial again and this time make sure that ODIN completes the root.[/NOTE]
[NOTE]NOTE 2: If ODIN displays the ?PASS? message but, the phone is unable to go past the boot animation or it gets into a boot loop, then it means that you will have to wipe data and factory reset the device. Remember that this step will delete all installed apps, SMS and other data that is stored on your device, which means that you cannot retrieve it.

Here?s how to enter custom recovery mode and force your phone to boot normally after root:

• Power off the SGS3 and remove its battery. Re-insert the battery after 4 seconds.
  • Press the following buttons at the same time until the screen powers ON : volume up, home and power.
  • The custom Recovery mode will load now and you have to select ?wipe data/ factory reset? option.
  • Confirm this process.
  • Return to the main recovery screen and then select ?reboot system now?.
  • Galaxy S3 should now boot normally and it should be rooted.
[/NOTE]
Tutorial
Here?s what you need to know:

anda.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just wondering mate. whats the actual chances of wiping the phone just by rooting? and why do we have to factory reset?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
just wondering mate. whats the actual chances of wiping the phone just by rooting? and why do we have to factory reset?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)
I guess there's been a few rare incidents where people were getting stuck in a boot loop after flashing the rooted image... the fix would be to factory reset the phone. I wouldn't worry too much about it though... Its not a common problem, it's just a solution in case something does go wrong during the install.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
woohoo stickys in our sub-forum :) cheers Cybermate :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
my build is XXDLJ4..... will that not work mate?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Man this sub-forum is dead!
Might check out a UK forum for specific i9300 chat...
...never leave ma beloved sIII forum though (till i get banned anyway) <3

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted my phone. I'm running stock Jelly Bean on my Galaxy S3. Will I still be able to get OTA software updates for my phone? When I check for updates, I get a message saying that my phone is modified and that there are no updates. I only rooted the phone so that I could use Titanium Backup and a rooted file manager.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You could unroot it and just root it again when u need to restore apps with titanium.

I duno why its giving u that update message though.
You didnt install a custom recovery did you like clockwork mod?

PS what does Kies say mate?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Any1 know how to root with this firmware? Got a link?
Ta

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Oops forgot the link. Cyber is this guide ok with this firmware
uploadfromtaptalk1354387256227.jpg
Mate?

jazeserolf

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
it is ok if your s3 i9300 is modified...?and what that means by your phone is modified..?pls give me info..that's a lack of knowledge question..and sori for that...pls reply...tnx..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it is ok if your s3 i9300 is modified...?and what that means by your phone is modified..?pls give me info..that's a lack of knowledge question..and sori for that...pls reply...tnx..

@me?
If not, modded means youve put a custom recovery or rom on it mate (flashed)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Man this sub-forum is dead!
Might check out a UK forum for specific i9300 chat...
...never leave ma beloved sIII forum though (till i get banned anyway) <3

Is there a UK s3 forum?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there a UK s3 forum?

Theres a UK android site i used to use for my Blade, cant remember the name.
I assume itl have s3 forum.
Il have a search but ive actualy enjoyed learning more bout my foreign cuz's so ill always use this forum.
Oh man i posted my homescreen on another forum uploadfromtaptalk1354969548062.jpg
And they removed it as offensive. Wonder if theyd react same if it was someone pullin an injuied kid fiom twin towers? Told them to screw thier site ;)

toniz786

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have just bought a Samsung s3 and could not lock the phone so it was child friendly,
So I also tried to upgrade software but no luck
So I sent my phone of to Samsung repair centre and they told me my phone had been installed with an illegal soft ware and they could not fix it so they wiped it and installed orange on it and now it's locked
I'm really not up to date with android phones
Apple was easier
Can you guide me if my phone has been rooted is it still ok
And what's the best virus protection I can install on it or do I trade it in for iPhone 5
But I'd reall like to give this phone a chance
Please help as I am no good with computers
And pls if you want would be easier to get in touch with me on toniz786@gmail.com. So please help
Many thanks

Liborpaulik

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
SAFE AND QUICK ROOT OR UNROOT YOUR GALAXY
WITH ANY KERNEL VERSION OR YOUR PHONE FREEZES
OR HAVE ANY SOFTWARE PROBLEMS THEN VISIT
samsunghelp.weebly.com
AND DOWNLOAD OUR ROOT OR UNROOT PACKAGE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads