Charging sound after charged.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok that is freaky mate. When you press volume, tap the cog and turn "system" down to zero, does it still make the sound?

So is this a NEW phone with a NEW charger?????

Do u believe in ghosts lol?

You have your proof there for Samsung

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Does it with 3 chargers and my wife's s3 does not do it on my chargers.

If I turn system sound down it does not make the sound but under battery it clearly show that it still did it.

I hope when Samsung see the video they will just swap the phone over as there techs clearly could not find the fault in 5 days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My s3 used to do this at night when the battery was full. It would make the same sound like it was being plugged in and the screen would turn on. It would then turn off or time out as some people might say and that would be that.

I never really saw any issues from it as the battery functioned properly all day the next day. You could have an app that is using data or cpu time in the background that makes the battery drain enough that it starts a new charging cycle. I am not for sure.

The one piece of evidence is when you said a factory reset stopped it, but it started up again a week later, probably after you had all of your apps reinstalled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
My s3 used to do this at night when the battery was full. It would make the same sound like it was being plugged in and the screen would turn on. It would then turn off or time out as some people might say and that would be that.

I never really saw any issues from it as the battery functioned properly all day the next day. You could have an app that is using data or cpu time in the background that makes the battery drain enough that it starts a new charging cycle. I am not for sure.

The one piece of evidence is when you said a factory reset stopped it, but it started up again a week later, probably after you had all of your apps reinstalled.

Sounds very viable!

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the reply.

The phone is at factory now as only had it back from Samsung a couple days and I kinda knew it would be going back so never bothered installing anything.

If it is a app draining the battery I would be an factory installed app, sound possible though.

You think a sd card could cause the issue? That's then only thing I have put back in? And must admit I took it out last night ready to send back and it did not do it last night it charged fine. Could be Co instance but then again?

EDIT
after posting this I realised I did have a couple apps installed so done another factory reset without no memory card etc.

It did it again though the first night it was charged.

Will repost IF Samsung reply as still waiting

Last edited:

ericperson

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this exact issue also on my Note 2. Haven't done much to try to figure out a solution or workaround yet, but it's starting to become irritating.

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone back off to the repair center tomorrow. Was going to post today but going to send all paperwork eg email I sent to Samsung with it.

Tried everything possible and nothing fixing it.

Will let you know what it said when I get the phone back in about 10 days time

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Plz do mate.... it MUST be a 3rd party app or dodgy harware, if both are replaced and it still happens then my trust of logic will die with your faith in samsung :(

Last edited:

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this exact issue also on my Note 2. Haven't done much to try to figure out a solution or workaround yet, but it's starting to become irritating.
I am also having an issue with my Note 2. wrong forum but basically the same phone just bigger. Already replaced one phone because it wouldnt charge at all, then last night my phone made the noise and i looked at battery stats and it said it had only been off the charger for not even a second, Not sure what caused it but first time its happened to my knowledge, maybe the phone doesnt like to be plugged in while fully charged so long? maybe a power surge? Not sure

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am also having an issue with my Note 2. wrong forum but basically the same phone just bigger. Already replaced one phone because it wouldnt charge at all, then last night my phone made the noise and i looked at battery stats and it said it had only been off the charger for not even a second, Not sure what caused it but first time its happened to my knowledge, maybe the phone doesnt like to be plugged in while fully charged so long? maybe a power surge? Not sure

This can not be the reason as i have said me and my wife both have the s3 both on charge same time on same 4 way adapter and only my phone does it. It have to be hardware or a app playing silly buggers but we have the same apps almost. I still find it hard to believe it is a app doing it though.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This can not be the reason as i have said me and my wife both have the s3 both on charge same time on same 4 way adapter and only my phone does it. It have to be hardware or a app playing silly buggers but we have the same apps almost. I still find it hard to believe it is a app doing it though.
Hmm strange then, I guess if my phone is continuing to be fully charged when i wake up then i dont mind, the sound is annoying though

ericperson

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I switched out my charger and cable for the one that came in the AT&T box with my Note 2 and haven't had the issue since. Not sure if that's just a coincidence, but at least the noise has stopped.

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I switched out my charger and cable for the one that came in the AT&T box with my Note 2 and haven't had the issue since. Not sure if that's just a coincidence, but at least the noise has stopped.

Pleased you solved your issues bud,

Still waiting to get my phone back from samsung :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Pleased you solved your issues bud,

Still waiting to get my phone back from samsung :(

Probably a charger or more likely the charging port but with poltergeists added bro ;) good luck :thumbup:

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well another update, Got phone back today again with the same letter no fault found ?????????????????????????? :(

So not installed anything on it this time and see what happen.

Also rang samsung and the escalated it and gonna ring me back.

Be interesting to see if it does it again though, And also to see what samung have to say in next couple days

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well another update, Got phone back today again with the same letter no fault found ?????????????????????????? :(

So not installed anything on it this time and see what happen.

Also rang samsung and the escalated it and gonna ring me back.

Be interesting to see if it does it again though, And also to see what samung have to say in next couple days

I have had a few issues with Samsung charging ports going bad and just not working, I am curriouse that because they cant find anything wrong that maybe its a touchwiz with jelly bean issue on some phones. Really, they cant release those wireless charging back covers fast enough so i can stop relaying on the micro usb. Keep us informed.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine did it once then didnt for a week then did it again last night, not yet concerned about it just annoying

Damage1000

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
You are NOT alone.

I have the exact same problem, my phone wants me to get up way to early in the morning, it's now charging in another room, I want my iPhone back please :eek:)

This S3 is under 1 month old, and it's not the USB mini plug, and it's not dust, I think i came with the 4.1.2 firmware sorry to say... (samsung please get this issue fixed)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol mine has started doing it intermitantly :banghead:
Just since 4.1.2......

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

HMR

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My brand new S3 (19305N) is doing the same when being connected to a charger. It's silent until it reaches 100% charge, then it makes the annoying sound and reads "Charged".

After about 5 minutes it makes the sound again and reads "Charging" for about 5 minutes and then sound and reads "charged", etc, etc.

I'ts obvious that it is switching charging on/off which is perfectly normal but the problem is the sound. It's also obvious that this is a software bug.

Conclusion: You can't charge a Galaxy S3 over night.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes