Questions about rooting

Snipester

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, i'm pretty new to the Android world, i've bought my first android phone about 2 months ago, the Galaxy S3, so i started taking in consideration to root it, thing is, i really don't know anything about it, so i wanted to ask some questions. First of all, does it slow down the phone? What do I gain if i root my phone? Will the warranty just go away? Can I keep updating my phone normally or do I have to update it with some rooted firmware? Till now i've had a jailbroken iPhone 4 so that's why i'm asking these questions. Thank you for your answers. Oh, and, most important question of all, what is rooting? Lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If its only rooted, u will get stock updates. Wont make it faster but u can delete ANY app including bloat so use with caution.
Guarantee is void while rooted but aparentjly its easily unrooted :)
Dont worry ;)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Never heard of it but yeah so once rooted. Use an app like Titanium Backup to back up all your apps and their settings. To Ext Sd, saves a lot of hasstle

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Snipester

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Done, already been through 3 roms, right now i'm running the AllianceROM, i'm starting to understand why people like to root their phone..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol ;)
Let pity all the american roms are diff from us so cant compare.
I jst cant decide between cm10 or somethin cleaner...

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Would love to use a custom rom but they break certain things like bluetooth streaming and camera functions. Too much for me to lose.

Snipester

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Got rid of the AllianceROM, too many bugs, got Resurrection Remix ROM, really clean and fast, and it looks like a Nexus.
I'm just tryin out ROMs right now, i'm sure i won't keep one cause indeed they do get rid of some functions that I would love to still have, but until Samsung releases the 4.1.2 update, i'm sticking with this RR rom, it's really nice.

Snipester

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so after a tour of the best ROMs out there, i decided to go back to stock, i did a wipe data/factory reset, and then i restored the backup that i made before installing my first ROM, everything is fine, but somehow i feel like i left something out, is there anymore cleaning that i have to do somewhere?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so after a tour of the best ROMs out there, i decided to go back to stock, i did a wipe data/factory reset, and then i restored the backup that i made before installing my first ROM, everything is fine, but somehow i feel like i left something out, is there anymore cleaning that i have to do somewhere?

Dont think so man, did u do the davlik (or whatever) cache before installing stock. Maybe it just feels sluggish because it is?
So what made u come back to TW mate?

Snipester

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I also reinstalled the stock recovery to top it off. What made me go back to stock? Well, losing all of the touchwiz features while only gaining a few (or none) was just too much, and most of the ROMs out there are just not stable enough (i demand perfection unfortunately) for me, so i just thought of going back to stock and keep it that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci