[ODIN][GT-I9300-CHN]unbrick and convert CHN to EUR JB 4.1.1

meodroix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, many people brick their Galaxy S 3 model GT-I9300-CHN when they trying to updat it to the international firmware, as my friend did, and that doesn't work, because it has a different modem which is WCDMA, so I made odin rom from I9300XXDLJ2 with a modem.bin and boot.img from I9300ZCDLK1and the result was really successful! and I have the pleasure to sharet it with you at mediafire from hier.

Info:
PDA: I9300XEFDLJ2 (4.1.1)
CSC: I9300XEFDLJ2 (France)
Modem: I9300ZCDLK1 (WCDMA)
Carrier: Unbranded

Installation:
- Plug your mobile and enter to the download mod (power + home + volume down).
- Open odin 3.04 and click on PDA button
- Brows for the rom and click on open button.
- Cick on start button and enjoy your drink.

Note:
Do a full wipe after the installation to avoid the force close.

To get back to the original CHN rom you can download it at sammobile from hier.

Last edited:

icebricker

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Need some help!

I followed this post, which saved my phone from soft-bricking (Thank you!). But it now can't receive data with HSPA network. Is this the fabled broken modem?
I'm not sure how to fix this.. Is it possible to flash modem by itself? How do I know which modem works with HSPA?

Any help is much appreciated!!

meodroix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Need some help!

I followed this post, which saved my phone from soft-bricking (Thank you!). But it now can't receive data with HSPA network. Is this the fabled broken modem?
I'm not sure how to fix this.. Is it possible to flash modem by itself? How do I know which modem works with HSPA?

I don't know what you did exactly, Do you have the international I9300 or the chinese I9300-CHN ?

icebricker

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the CHN version. When I was flashing the JB for international version, it always failed out when flashing 'radio'. Then I found your post and followed it. Now I have the stock 4.1.1, everything is working except HSPA data.

meodroix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the CHN version. When I was flashing the JB for international version, it always failed out when flashing 'radio'. Then I found your post and followed it. Now I have the stock 4.1.1, everything is working except HSPA data.

The problem is in the modem hardware, the I9300-CHN has a WCDMA modem which mean 3G and the HSPA is a 3.5G they are different, and you can't install HSPA software for WCDMA hardware it's like installing ATI Drivers for NVIDIA Graphic card !
The solution to me, is that you change your sim card to the carrier which support WCDMA or Change your mobile to a mobile wich suporrt HSPA.
I hope that make it clear.

meodroix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. strange. I did get HSPA working when I had CyanogenMod9 on the phone. I'll try flashing other modems. Thanks!

CyanogenMod is not custom rom from the stock firmware its compiled rom from the android open source, the team develop their own drivers for the hardware, so you may try their modem and install it in clockworkmod recovery, but becarfull to the API level, modem from ICS 4.0 may not work on JB 4.1, so it's better to look in CyanogenMod 10.
I haven't the I9300-CHN to try this test, so I have the pleasure if you test it.

icebricker

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey meodroix, sorry I didn't get around to this ( was getting by with a CM10 build). I'm stuck: I read somewhere modem can be odin-flashed by putting the modem.bin file on 'phone' box.
In my case, HSPA+ network only works for me under CM rom's. So I want to replace the modem you found with one in CM10. But CM10 (9 too) is only available in .zip package format.. Is there any way to compile modem.bin from part of the zip pack? Or I'm totally off track :(

meodroix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi icebreacker sorry I was busy, if you are already have cyanogenmod in your device, maybe you can extract the modem.bin from your device to your Sdcard with adb shell like that :

Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/bml12 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096

Note : I'm sure about this code just for Galaxy S.

icebricker

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks a lot!!
I'll try this after the holidays.. =) At the moment I will just go with cm10.
Will let you know how it works out later for sure.
Merry Christmas and have a wonderful holiday!

yasmeentraore

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I need help. I can't flash my GT-I9300_CHN . I follow the rules but il failed at RADIO. what could I do?
I would have PLAY STORE, I dont know why I can't have it on my phone with the chinese ROM.
Excuse my english, I'm french.

Last edited:

meodroix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I need help. I can't flash my GT-I9300_CHN . I follow the rules but il failed at RADIO. what could I do?
I would have PLAY STORE, I dont know why I can't have it on my phone with the chinese ROM.
Excuse my english, I'm french.

First check your phone if it's really CHN by entering to download mod you will get "i9300_chn_chn" than try to install the original firmware after that install the modified firmware.
Bonne chance.

pyrospot

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
hi meodroix.. the result was really successful...im really appreciate it...just want to know if i can update to JB 4.1.2... i was traying with kies, but upgrade is not fount...thks for all..

meodroix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
hi meodroix.. the result was really successful...im really appreciate it...just want to know if i can update to JB 4.1.2... i was traying with kies, but upgrade is not fount...thks for all..

No you can?t update that using kies, because it?s not original, it?s a hybrid from too versions deferent, and to update to 4.1.2 we must create another one from the European and Chinese version of android 4.1.2 and that maybe in future, at this time enjoy 4.1.1;)

Last edited:

SMEJIA

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello Meodroix, i'm having a hard time trying to get the files from mediafire.com, is it possible to grab the full file from someplace else?...if not too much to ask. I want to give it shot to your firmware version. Currently im running the Chinese GT-i9300 with CyanogenMod 10.1 and it works like a charm but i loose all the samsung goodies (allshare, dual view, remote control for other samsung devices, etc...) Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm