What's draining my batter like crazy and how can I group contacts on my call log?

amir_11950

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guy,

Anyone ever experienced crazy battery drain? I unplugged my charger at 8:30 AM and by 1PM it was at about 62% battery. That's insane!!!

Also, if I receive 5 calls from someone, why does it show their name 5 times? It doesn't group the name. I also hate that when I sort the call log to only show calls andnot sms messages, it works. But if I exit and go back into the call logs, again it shows sms's again. It doesn't save the option to only show call logs.. Any ideas?

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Get something like Better Battery Stats or Gsam from Play store so then you can get a better idea at what's eating away at your battery

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah youll have to show us stats next time. From the native battery use and like Gwappa said, get Gsam app and set it to reset at full charge, take screenshots of its main page and the "app suckers" page at like 50% normal use

The call log thing, i have no idea, on mine it groups them with a number of calls after the name until a certain time without them calling (if that makes sense) maybe theres a setting?

Ps id kill for your battery life but my screens on constant lol :)

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

amir_11950

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow so I downloaded Gsam and it says 64% is used by my phone radio. i did hear that the S3 burns through a lot more battery than normal because of the phone radio but this is way too much. Something about it giving extra signal or something. Any ideas?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Remember its a percentage mate, everything has to add up to 100 and something has to be top.
If youre not usin the phone (screen,cpu) then cell standby is gona be top ;)

A weak signal would make it use more but if u wana lower the percentage, leave screen on for 40mins lol.
I kid :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer: