4.1.2 custom SMS background is now dark/low quality?

Kaidin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I've just unrooted my S3 back to stock so I could update to 4.1.2 and tried to add a custom SMS background, but turns out to be very dark and of very low quality.

Is this a known issue? It was fine on 4.1.1. Maybe Google should concentrate on adding more customization options in their next update instead of trying to add weak functionality options.

JD STARZ X

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
i have noticed it as well its very annoying but i can not find an answer to it , been looking for 5 weeks now since i updated the firmware to 4.1.2

Victoria Faith

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I too have noticed this. I am using the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and did the update about 2 weeks ago, the picture I had in the background at the time was already dark and I didn't notice it. I finally changed it this week to a more fun colourful spring type picture and could barely make it out once it was up! I used to have a vibrant background and it showed up GREAT! This is an awful part to the update and I really hope they come up with a fix for it soon!
I also can't find much about this issue online. This was the only thread I really found!

UGH. Frustrating.

Gester24

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem I'm pretty upset as my picture really brightened my day every time I saw it randomly any way to fix this problem? Thanks

YBA1122

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Have you solved this issue? I'm experiencing the same for how many months already. Can't change my bg in messages cause it's too dark.