Someone help me on installing roms?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Ive never installed a rom in my life, the only rom I have is my stock rom rooted on 4.1.2.

I really want to install CM 10.1 4.2.1 but I don't know how to, also is there a way to install this rom then quickly switch back to my stock rom thats rooted and running siyah 1.8.6 kernel. Thanks

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you read in your device forum at all? There should be threads covering this here and on xda

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

lubba1974

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi , I am a noob as well, BUT I have rooted my old HTC desire and my gs3 i9300 changed lots of ROMS on both phones, I bricked my SD card , got stuck n boot loops and other problems , I solved all of these by going on XDA developers site and other android sites, the answers and info you need is all there,
So go and read and learn what you need too , when you do something the achievement and feeling is great.
Most of all , when some info helps you click on the thank you button . Good luck .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ive never installed a rom in my life, the only rom I have is my stock rom rooted on 4.1.2.

I really want to install CM 10.1 4.2.1 but I don't know how to, also is there a way to install this rom then quickly switch back to my stock rom thats rooted and running siyah 1.8.6 kernel. Thanks

Ive just found out you can dual boot (have 2 roms and chose at boot which u want to use) with siyah.... ill try n find the link......
http://www.cursed4eva.com/dual-boot-galaxy-s3/

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeh cheers mate, mate have you got a link to a recent update to cm 10.1 4.2.1, because apparently a version that was out in December has many bugs :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Id have a backup on phone and sd mate.
Nah mate ive never flashed a CM mod so i duno if its any different sorry.
Id say download the zip file. Put it in root of ext sd, go into recovery (cwm?) Wipe everything then go to "flash zip" or "install zip" or something and find it in the list.
Im worried about your backup though so id wait for better help mate

Not sure if were allowed to mention other forums other than XDA for some reason but ill pm u a helpful forum......

Ps, youre rooted but do you have clockwork (custom recovery)?

And are you on global s3?

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Last edited:

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah mate I have cwm, thats how I flashed siyah, problem is I dont have enough space on my internal memory to do a backup, only on extSD :(

Hassan K. Malik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Backup on ExtSD is as good.... No worries... Use Titanium Backup and u should be ready to roll...

Sent from my GT-I9300 (Hassan Khalid Malik) using Android Central Forums