Galaxy S3: Speakerphone turns off during calls

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, since three days i having this problem.
The speakerphone switches off during calls unexpectedly! On Skype during videocalls i have the same problem and the audio switches to the frontal ear.
The configuration is in signature with last official Jelly Bean version (4.1.2).
Can you help me?
Thank you for your attention.

Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

Last edited by a moderator:

Max Thompson

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Speakerphone turns off during calls

Hi,

I had the same problem, if your also getting calls dropped and were using 4.1.1 then i highly suggest you:

1- Upgrade to 4.1.2 (this fixes a couple of bugs on the phone)
2- WIPE THE HANDSET FROM THE DOWNLOAD MENU - click on volume up+power button+menu button/midde and wipe handset and cache
3- this will fix all the problems mentioned above and the speaker problem. Just did that yesterday and things seem to run smoothly.

I think there is a problem with the root that you put on your device.
Thanks!

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
R: Speakerphone turns off during calls

Hi,

I had the same problem, if your also getting calls dropped and were using 4.1.1 then i highly suggest you:

1- Upgrade to 4.1.2 (this fixes a couple of bugs on the phone)
2- WIPE THE HANDSET FROM THE DOWNLOAD MENU - click on volume up+power button+menu button/midde and wipe handset and cache
3- this will fix all the problems mentioned above and the speaker problem. Just did that yesterday and things seem to run smoothly.

I think there is a problem with the root that you put on your device.
Thanks!

Hi, thank you for your reply!
I installed three weeks ago the 4.1.2 official Jb version.
I don't want delete all apps, data and configuration. Your suggestion ("wipe handset and cache") will not restore the factory settings or initial recent rom condition?
What it will do?

p.s.: i rooted my phone because when i upgraded to version 4.1.1 i couldn't paste the texts anymore! I found on web the way to fix the issue rooting the phone and modifying and deleting some files in a system folder....
Then i hope to avoid the factory reset or to find a way to restore my actual configuration (meanwhile i'm saving all apps and data through Titanium;))

edit: i have just wiped the data cache and the phone seems work better.
I have tried on Skype for few minutes and it doesn't switch to frontal ear; but unfortunately when i use tha calling phone through speakerphone and i use the navigator the calling switch to frontal ear!!:(

Last edited:

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

No, unfortunately i haven't fixed the issues. On Skype I still have the same issue...:(

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

On last Sunday I made a wipe data/factory reset and I restored apps and data by Titanium Pro but i still have the issues. ..:(

Max Thompson

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

Thanks for the update, it seems the problem came back again from my handset! i believe it might be an app thats causing this problem?!

I cannot put my finger on it because i downloaded all the apps at once, do you remember what app you installed before getting this problem?

Regards,
Hamad

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

It's very difficult to say which app is responsable of issue because could be some only an update...
Last apps i remember are: RojadirectaTv, BetterBatteryStats, Adaway, Sofascore, Sportytrader...but i don't know...:(

Last edited:

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

I still have the issue despite i have just installed last stock no brand firmware "Ema2"...:(

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

Thanks for the update, it seems the problem came back again from my handset! i believe it might be an app thats causing this problem?!

I cannot put my finger on it because i downloaded all the apps at once, do you remember what app you installed before getting this problem?

Regards,
Hamad

Have you solved the issue? Another user says that he has the same issue with Omega Rom installed.
Did you format the internal sd when you done factory reset?
I didn't format it..

Last edited:

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

i have formatted internal sd but i confirm the issue is caused by some installed apps, unfortunately...:(

Sent from Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I had this issue and went to samsung and had it repaired they replaced the audio board and now works fine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

I tested speakerphone for 50min after the factory reset and worked fine.
Then i installed Skype and some other apps and the speakerphone continued to work fine.
Just i restored my backup containing all my apps i had the boring issue...:(

Sent from Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

yotali

May 2, 2013
Visit site

HELLO
can you pease send me all the suspected app that in your opinion can cause the problem ?
I have the same problem and can't solve it ( but still did'nt make factory reset )

thanks

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

I'm still monitoring the phone but it seems that the issue is disappeared.
I don't know if is a coincidence but i installed Siyah Kernel in signature about ten days ago and Nelk2 baseband five days ago and maybe the issue has been solved.
For the responsable app i have not idea..:(

Edit: i can confirm that the issue is disappeared. ..finally:)..and perhaps could has been an upgrading some app..

Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk 2- Rome, Italy

Last edited:

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

I don't know the reason but for me the issue is disappeared. Some days ago the issue on Skype is reappeared for only two times but i have a Skype mod app and i restored the speakerphone through the proper commando avoiding to close the call.

Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk 2- Rome, Italy

Filip Drule

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

But for me the problem is not on skype it`s on normal call.It just keeps switching from speakerphone to earpice by itself.

Rehan Motiwala

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

i m also facing same problem with speaker phone on note 2.... and when i am on bluetooth headset, suddenly voice transferred from bluetooth earphone to phone frontal speaker,,, have u resolved the problem??? i have not rooted phone till now,,,

Jeffq1n

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I was having this same issue. I had just installed Viber a week prior. . I uninstalled Viber and the problem is gone. Simple fix for me.

Joeyede

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

Exact same thing happened to me. Uninstalled Viber and all is well. Thanks for the tip!

BTW couldn't find where to submit complaint to viber so complained on Twiter got a response with link to submit a ticket.
Lets see if they do anything with my report...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm