03-15-2017 11:02 PM
51 123
tools
    Settings > More Settings > Tethering and portable hotspot > Portable Wi-FI hotspot > Configure > Edit > Save
    07-17-2013 11:17 AM
    It really works, 3 days with no hang or freeze since I applied this solution
    08-08-2013 03:23 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I was following your posts regarding the Samsung Galaxy S duos hanging Problem for the last 1months, i had exactly the same issue, it was sever case my phone would hang every half an hour or more, i had to keep restarting it. i tried all the suggested solutions other members suggested bust nothing worked.
    until i found this solution (described here):
    08-09-2013 03:19 AM
    When I first got my phone way back nov. 2012 it has auto restart problem (in my every 5-15mins. Of use it keeps on restarting.) It lasted for weeks and I didnt do anything so I was very happy that my s3 is already working normally.... until yeaterday to present, my phone keeps on freezing even after I reinsert my battery to restart (it will only took mins. Of using my s3, then again it will freeze)

Im using my s3 in posting thia comment. So far it didnt freeze. But still hoping for good suggestions in solving the problem in case it will come again.
    08-18-2013 06:02 AM
    Thanks for this one my friend. My device is doing the same things for 2 weeks now. It is still under warranty but the time that i will spend without it it's just 2 long, 3 weeks as they say. I've tried every suggestion that i read, nothing worked so far. I do have a question, cos i just did what you wrote and yes you did said that it worked for you....but IS IT still working or?? Thanks for the tip anyway. I just finished with mine so i'see how it goes, cheers
    08-25-2013 12:04 PM
    i usually never post or comment on techie stuff like this. so here it goes.
    I superrrr love my phone and when this thing happend ive gone crazy mad because my phone just keeps on hanging and freezing and i keep on pulling out and back the battery of my samsung s3. i spent days on reading forums and blogs and tried to understand but nothing worked. i even tried checking youtube videos but nothing happend.
    ok ok too much of my story so il jump into the solution:

1. download "dummy file generator" on google play store
    2. open the app
    3. go on "internal memory" tab
    4. dont worry on what to put on the "byte" box
    5. select "generate FULL" generate dummy files until storage is full
    6. YES, your phone will hang and freeze a couple of times. (what i did is pull out the batt again)
    7. keep on doing this until ur memory is full
    8. then select "delete" delete all dummy files.
    9. then thats it

i dont know if it will work for other but YESSSSS it worked for me no hang and freeze since then.

hope it helped!
    Thanks for this one my friend. My device is doing the same things for 2 weeks now. It is still under warranty but the time that i will spend without it it's just 2 long, 3 weeks as they say. I've tried every suggestion that i read, nothing worked so far. I do have a question, cos i just did what you wrote and yes you did said that it worked for you....but IS IT still working or?? Thanks for the tip anyway. I just finished with mine so i'see how it goes, cheers
    guiacangkaw likes this.
    08-25-2013 12:12 PM
    ok, now I'm trying to generate the whole dummy files to fill uo the internal memory. It froze once just now, around the 60% of the process. I took the battery out and then placed it back in, and started the phone again. Now it's working on the dummy files again. Let's see.

30 min update. I just couldn't do anything with the phona and barely made it to delete the dummy files so far.
    I uninstalled 13 apps and now rebooted.
    Now I'm filling up my memory with dummy files again, so I can complete the 100%.

30 more minutes... OK, I made it to fill up the entire memory. Good, it was hard to restart or to do anything with 100% full, but I finally restarted and now deleted all dummy files, and it looks good so far. Now I turned it off, took the battery out for 2 minutes, and now I'll try to reinstall everything back. The phone starts quickly and responds well so far.

15 min update: everything installed, no crashes or freezes so far. Looks good.

15 more minutes: everything is fully functional ans working like new. If any other problems, I will post it here. Thanks for everything. Bye
    guiacangkaw likes this.
    09-02-2013 10:12 AM
    I've tried dummy files generator an hour ago and so far no freeze at all. thanks mate!
    09-08-2013 09:16 PM
    not working for me this dummy file generate app
    i am really frustrated from this problem need a real solution. do we need uto upgarde to newer software of android kindly advse as feel like smashing pjhone
    10-05-2013 07:18 AM
    where is the solution mam??
    11-20-2013 04:27 AM
    Hi

I tried the process of "Dummy File Generator"...and deleted it too...

But my phone still hangs...please guys find a solution..
    11-20-2013 04:38 AM
    Thanks a lot dude...

This thread save my S3 i9300. Really appreciate it.
    guiacangkaw likes this.
    11-25-2013 07:06 AM
    i usually never post or comment on techie stuff like this. so here it goes.
    I superrrr love my phone and when this thing happend ive gone crazy mad because my phone just keeps on hanging and freezing and i keep on pulling out and back the battery of my samsung s3. i spent days on reading forums and blogs and tried to understand but nothing worked. i even tried checking youtube videos but nothing happend.
    ok ok too much of my story so il jump into the solution:

1. download "dummy file generator" on google play store
    2. open the app
    3. go on "internal memory" tab
    4. dont worry on what to put on the "byte" box
    5. select "generate FULL" generate dummy files until storage is full
    6. YES, your phone will hang and freeze a couple of times. (what i did is pull out the batt again)
    7. keep on doing this until ur memory is full
    8. then select "delete" delete all dummy files.
    9. then thats it

i dont know if it will work for other but YESSSSS it worked for me no hang and freeze since then.

hope it helped!
    This worked very well and so far I haven't had a freeze for 12 hours.

I did however keep filling and deleteing until it filled without freezing during the fill process.
    I must have done it 20 times easily, but I could see it getting better and better every time. I can't wait for the Jan Android update because this version of Android is giving me ......
    guiacangkaw likes this.
    12-10-2013 08:14 PM
    I've done the step but Will it caused me to lost my pictures in phone? I realize my camera pictures is all gone.. please help...

Posted via Android Central App
    02-10-2014 12:11 AM
    Just a bit to help those that didn't have luck with the dummy file generation...what the author says is that when generating the dummy file, the phone WILL hang (most probably) but to NOT take the battery out or restart the phone...let it be, it will automatically un-freeze after 5-25 minutes....the whole purpose of the program is to make it run at a time where you can leave your phone alone...he finds that restarting makes the problem worst while let it alone unfreezing helps to solve the issue...so:
    1. start generating dummy file...let it be for whatever time ...it may hang a couple of times...
    2. delete the file
    do 1 and 2 again...in 2 or 3 times it will complete the process without hanging.

Solved!

At least mine works perfectly after that
    09-11-2014 05:11 PM
    The dummy file program hangs and wont reopen. After filling the phones with dummy stuff, uninstalling the program and repeating countless of times (mostly whole day), it seems the phone actually is stable again. So was it worth it? I guess you need to calculate:

Daily salary * hassle
    --------------------------- = was it worth it?
    Cost of new phone

But yes, it works! Thanks, I guess! :-)
    09-26-2014 11:49 AM
    Having also the freezing problem with my S3. So far I have tested numerous ways trying to figure out what is causing the phone to freeze. Last time I have used the Dummy File Generator without the phone freezing while filling up the memory. My S3 never freezes or shuts down when I am doing something with it. It's always the same situation, the phone has not been used for a while and when trying to wake it up it's just blinking dimmed blue light slowly and the screen stays black. I need to reboot the phone by pressing power button for a few seconds.

I have had the phone for over two years now and I have always used the stock firmware. No rooting or anything. At the end of summer I received a phone software update and some weeks after that my S3 started to freeze. First I thought I had a bad battery and replaced it, but freezing continued. It was like once a day or two it froze.

Well then, yesterday I uploaded the firmware using Kies in hope to solve the problem some people have been suggesting on other forums. That went okay and the phone lived, but on the next morning, today, the phone was frozen again. Blue blinking and black screen. This time I went to recovery mode and made a reset once again for the phone (Factory defaults + data/cache wipe/clean). Well well, the phone starts normally as before but this time after the basic setup, the phone notifies that there is an software update available. This is just my speculation, but this is the update after I started to have issues so I am not going to install it as long as my phone is working ok.

Some notes now after using the phone today for more than twelve hours. It is working silky smooth and has not frozen since morning. So, this is
    ongoing research if it is some kind of software update issue. If the phone is working from now on, It must be the update that messes up something. I am using the same applications as before.

One thing about the update I now have on the hold, there is no information what it does, no "release number" or anything I could check somewhere else what is improved in this update. I'll let you know if the phone freezes again or it just keeps going on like it did before.
    10-04-2014 04:57 PM
    Having also the freezing problem with my S3. So far I have tested numerous ways trying to figure out what is causing the phone to freeze. Last time I have used the Dummy File Generator without the phone freezing while filling up the memory. My S3 never freezes or shuts down when I am doing something with it. It's always the same situation, the phone has not been used for a while and when trying to wake it up it's just blinking dimmed blue light slowly and the screen stays black. I need to reboot the phone by pressing power button for a few seconds.

I have had the phone for over two years now and I have always used the stock firmware. No rooting or anything. At the end of summer I received a phone software update and some weeks after that my S3 started to freeze. First I thought I had a bad battery and replaced it, but freezing continued. It was like once a day or two it froze.

Well then, yesterday I uploaded the firmware using Kies in hope to solve the problem some people have been suggesting on other forums. That went okay and the phone lived, but on the next morning, today, the phone was frozen again. Blue blinking and black screen. This time I went to recovery mode and made a reset once again for the phone (Factory defaults + data/cache wipe/clean). Well well, the phone starts normally as before but this time after the basic setup, the phone notifies that there is an software update available. This is just my speculation, but this is the update after I started to have issues so I am not going to install it as long as my phone is working ok.

Some notes now after using the phone today for more than twelve hours. It is working silky smooth and has not frozen since morning. So, this is
    ongoing research if it is some kind of software update issue. If the phone is working from now on, It must be the update that messes up something. I am using the same applications as before.

One thing about the update I now have on the hold, there is no information what it does, no "release number" or anything I could check somewhere else what is improved in this update. I'll let you know if the phone freezes again or it just keeps going on like it did before.
    Well then, the damn thing froze again...
    10-05-2014 02:57 PM
    Well then, the damn thing froze again...
    Ok then. This may be too early to report, but after latest try yesterday the S3 is still running without freezing nearly one full 24 hours.

This is something people may want to try:

1) Cache clean + reset to factory defaults
    2) Only basic settings, no downloads from backup, S3 is "clean"
    3) Using Kies to reupload latest firmare to the S3
    4) Yet another cache clean + reset to factory defaults
    5) Downloaded contacts and applications from the Samsung cloud backup

But ...

Not sure if that did the trick because I have done that before, but this time I made the firmware re-upload on a clean, factory defaulted phone. But, the true reason causing my S3 freezing may be the contacts list/file on the phone.

I have had some broken contacts on my list and have tried to remove/fix these using phone. Yesterday I did it succesfully using AirDroid. There were some contacts names like John Donuts named "John Don". I fixed them all via AirDroid. I suspect that because many applications today also go through your contacts, it may cause the freezing/crashing if the contacts list is corrupted somehow.
    10-07-2014 05:31 AM
    Ok then. This may be too early to report, but after latest try yesterday the S3 is still running without freezing nearly one full 24 hours.

This is something people may want to try:

1) Cache clean + reset to factory defaults
    2) Only basic settings, no downloads from backup, S3 is "clean"
    3) Using Kies to reupload latest firmare to the S3
    4) Yet another cache clean + reset to factory defaults
    5) Downloaded contacts and applications from the Samsung cloud backup

But ...

Not sure if that did the trick because I have done that before, but this time I made the firmware re-upload on a clean, factory defaulted phone. But, the true reason causing my S3 freezing may be the contacts list/file on the phone.

I have had some broken contacts on my list and have tried to remove/fix these using phone. Yesterday I did it succesfully using AirDroid. There were some contacts names like John Donuts named "John Don". I fixed them all via AirDroid. I suspect that because many applications today also go through your contacts, it may cause the freezing/crashing if the contacts list is corrupted somehow.
    Three days without freezing now... my solution so far (an ongoing test). I cannot post any links yet so copypaste this on to your browser: mastokangas.fi/samsung-galaxy-s3-random-freezing
    10-14-2014 10:58 AM
    I have followed the process you suggest above, it's passed.. will keep you posted if it stays good... thanks
    02-13-2015 07:04 AM
    Any news on this tread? Does it really fixed the issues? Reading it now and trying to fix mine as well. It would be good to get a nice feedback.

Tank you guys.

Leandro Fonseca
    06-30-2015 03:06 PM
    Any news on this tread? Does it really fixed the issues? Reading it now and trying to fix mine as well. It would be good to get a nice feedback.

Tank you guys.

Leandro Fonseca
    So did Dummy file generator work for you?
    03-04-2016 07:42 AM
    After almost a week, my phone hanging is getting worse & has resumed its normal bad habbit. So today, I did another full dummy file generator process (this time it took me less than 15 min to complete the whole process with 2 hangs only). Will see how it goes now.
    3 years later..
    So did it worked for you? Please answer.
    03-04-2016 07:58 AM
    Hello pls my s3 keeps freezing anytime I open an app or try to browse on play store any help on that
    06-13-2016 07:30 PM
51 123