Won't charge from power bank

Mary Rankin

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue where my power bank would not charge. I was so frustrated that I considered getting rid of it. I tried two different things. I let the power bank stay on the charger for a little longer than it needed just to make sure it had a full charge, plus when I plugged the bank into my phone I slightly pulled it almost out. It took a little wiggling but it worked. Hope this helps. Oh Btw I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I had a 23000mah power bank s3 didn't charge with stock USB cable , tried charging with nexus 9 cable ...
It worked!
Heck it even supports 2100ma current which charges the whole battery in just 50minutes!

Scotty Olry

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
TRY THIS:
I recently bought a power bank (gold) from eBay for my nexus 6 phablet.. I came across the same issue where my phone (on) would only charge for a couple seconds and then would stop charging from the power bank - which was fully charged! I tried turning my phone off and then I plugged it into the power bank.. And it worked for me. So try that and see if it works :)

2staffi

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
...issue where my phone (on) would only charge for a couple seconds and then would stop charging from the power bank... ...I tried turning my phone off and then I plugged it into the power bank...

Mine is doing the exact opposite. It will only charge with the phone on. That is when the screen is on. As soon as the screen goes dark so does the charger.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't do that on a standard wall charger, it's a badly designed power bank. If it also won't charge from the wall with the screen dark, it's a problem with the phone.

Donomoto

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact opposite. It will only charge with the phone on. That is when the screen is on. As soon as the screen goes dark so does the charger.

It's exactly the same problem, only when the screen is on it charges, but I tried different cable and no more problems, but I still want to know why it charged only with the screen on with the original cable, LG G4 and PNY Power Bank 2600Mha

Spencer Christie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi Mary
i have a 20800mah pb and it was not charging my Galaxy s3. It would do my iphone, tablet and Galaxy S5. i tried different leads to no avail. {works fine when connected to a GPO}
Thinking it was a technical issue, I even pulled apart the phone and checked out the socket {all good}.
Iam a service technician and could not figure it out ......until i tried your suggestion. by wiggling and repositioning the cable.
Sometimes the simplest action is all that is required.
Well Done !

unholygod91

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
The power bank issues are most likely a phone issue. Also not an issue with what brand it is. If it isnt charging your phone but it's charging others, it's the phone. Check your micro usb port for damage, as this could cause a wall charge and some other banks to work, but not that one for some reason. No one posted what the output of the power banks were for the ones that didnt and did work, and im guessing it wasnt checked so check your Charging slot.

unholygod91

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
If the power banks that arent working have alot higher amp output than the wall port or a working power bank, then the micro usb port in your phone should probably be replaced. Always check cables and test with other phones first tho. You can probably just look and see if a pin a damaged or missing.

Guildshadow

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Hey after reading a few posts in this Forum and doing a couple things with my battery bank wich was only working for 10 secs then shutting down. i realized that my brightness was on half. i turned the brightness all the way up and now its charging with the battery bank. and charging pretty fast as well. try that. and good luck!

~Guildshadow

hents3

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Thanks to Guildshadow comment, the problem is solved.
During charging, battery bank is monitoring phone's overall power consumption, but when the screen brightness has been automatically/manually set to dimmest and screen goes to sleep (because of inactivity), the phone's power consumption decrease for the battery bank is not enough (battery bank bad engineering). The battery bank thinks that there is no phone on the other end of the charging cable and stops the charge, but this causes usually phone screen to turn on and therefore phone's overall power consumption increases. Battery bank can detect this increase and starts charging again, which means endless charging starting/ending/screen on/screen off sequences or loops.

Jean Jackson

May 14, 2018
Visit site
So I went for camping with my friends and I took my power bank with me .all of them used it and when I went home I charged and now I am using it but its not charging my phone
Help!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12