I rooted my phone and then uninstalled touch home knowing that it is dangerous. Now I cant use my phone because I was unsuccessful with Kies firmware installation and also trying to install clockwerkmod to install cyanogenmod was unsuccessful. I am obviously pretty new to these things. Do you guys think I can fix this on my own? If yes, how? Or should I bring it to a Samsung service center? Thanks in advance.
    07-17-2013 10:38 PM
    I rooted my phone and then uninstalled touch home knowing that it is dangerous. Now I cant use my phone because I was unsuccessful with Kies firmware installation and also trying to install clockwerkmod to install cyanogenmod was unsuccessful. I am obviously pretty new to these things. Do you guys think I can fix this on my own? If yes, how? Or should I bring it to a Samsung service center? Thanks in advance.

Ok. First, welcome to the forums.

Second, uninstalling TouchWiz was like deleting DOS on Windows. Not a good idea. Let's try an easier fix first. Using a PC log on to Google Play with the same email you use for Android. DOwnload any random launcher from Play like Nova. Click install and choose the S3. After a few minutes look at your device, and see if it come to life.
    CR6 and Richard Razon like this.
    07-17-2013 11:42 PM
    Ok. First, welcome to the forums.

Second, uninstalling TouchWiz was like deleting DOS on Windows. Not a good idea. Let's try an easier fix first. Using a PC log on to Google Play with the same email you use for Android. DOwnload any random launcher from Play like Nova. Click install and choose the S3. After a few minutes look at your device, and see if it come to life.
    How would it install on my phone or through what connection? I cant turn on wifi and I am not sure if mobile data will work. Should I connect my phone to the computer with a USB cable?

My friend said I should install gapps using recovery mod. I have a stock recovery mod.
    07-18-2013 09:18 PM
    hi
    first fo all download your country firmware from Firmwares | SamMobile and after download odin v3.18. after install the firmware by odin to your phone. you can search on youtube how to use the odin. thats it.
    07-18-2013 09:57 PM
    You should have installed an other launcher before uninstalling TouchWiz. You had stock recovery mode, use it to restore the OS. If you really want to do it again without a problem, install a launcher, like the Android 4.4 KitKat stock launcher ripped of the Nexus 5 and if you like it, some more apps of KitKat are available too but you have to download them from the internet. Once installed, root your phone and uninstall TouchWiz. Once it's done, your phone will work normally, but it'll be a different look so it'll take time to get used to it.
    11-08-2013 12:25 AM
    Even when rooting, you should NEVER uninstall the stock launcher. Downloading a third party launcher gives you a different look and allows you to use a different launcher without removing the features you still need to make the device operate properly.

tap'n
    11-08-2013 12:43 AM