help! horrible battery drain on international s3

Chandnit

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, ive had my international s3 since the past 1 year and it has given decent battery life around 12-13 hours. Recently I rooted my phone and have been trying different custom Roms. Since then the battery life has become really bad n lasts only 5-6 hours, and also the phone heats up a lot.
I thought maybe I have too many apps so I installed only the bare minimum, but this didn't help.
I am currently using NIGHTMARE ROM v 2.7 with stock kernel.
I have also tried the procedure mentioned in this thread ([GUIDE] FIX your phone's POOR BATTERY after flashing a new ROM - xda-developers) but it hasn't helped either.
I always keep GPS,Bluetooth,sync,screen rotation and smart stay OFF. I am on 3g network but always on WiFi at home.
I have attached screenshots of the battery details.
Can someone pls help me figure out why the battery dying so fast and how to solve this?
Thanks in advance for your help!:-*

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-29-15-56-35.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-15-56-35.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2013-07-29-15-56-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-15-56-39.png
    256.4 KB · Views: 8

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, ive had my international s3 since the past 1 year and it has given decent battery life around 12-13 hours. Recently I rooted my phone and have been trying different custom Roms. Since then the battery life has become really bad n lasts only 5-6 hours, and also the phone heats up a lot.
I thought maybe I have too many apps so I installed only the bare minimum, but this didn't help.
I am currently using NIGHTMARE ROM v 2.7 with stock kernel.
I have also tried the procedure mentioned in this thread ([GUIDE] FIX your phone's POOR BATTERY after flashing a new ROM - xda-developers) but it hasn't helped either.
I always keep GPS,Bluetooth,sync,screen rotation and smart stay OFF. I am on 3g network but always on WiFi at home.
I have attached screenshots of the battery details.
Can someone pls help me figure out why the battery dying so fast and how to solve this?
Thanks in advance for your help!:-*

Ok, let's get basic flashing questions out of the way: When you flashed, did you wipe cache, dalvik cache, and do a factory reset?

Chandnit

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Here's an update

I tried wiping battery stats last night. And after that I left my phone fully charged while I slept. The next morning battery is 45% ( android os used 59% of battery)

If anyone has dealt with this before pls pls pls help me out! Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton