Galaxy S3 freezing

Tarek Salama

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
My phone's been freezing lately. I also noticed that one time when it froze, it was at 30% battery, when I removed the battery to reboot it, it went down to 11%.. So any idea what could be freezing it? It went down from 30% to 11% in less than 2 minutes.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My phone's been freezing lately. I also noticed that one time when it froze, it was at 30% battery, when I removed the battery to reboot it, it went down to 11%.. So any idea what could be freezing it? It went down from 30% to 11% in less than 2 minutes.
I would recommend starting with a factory reset (make sure to backup your data) and see how things go. If it reoccurs again, then you'll need to purchase a new battery as that seems to be a problem. Remove the battery and give it a spin on the table. If it spins for a few seconds then it means its got swelling and should be replaced.

captbazz1

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, My phone was freezing, sluggish and switching off. I uninstalled apps one at a time, Facebook Messenger was the problem. When I uninstalled Messenger my phone was working perfectly again. Hope this helps.

msssouza

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have found a solution for this problem. I tried everything and after many hard resets I discovered that you must to turn off the movement sensor.Go to settings and turn off movement options. I also turned off the SVoice as a precaution.
You see you will have a faster new phone like never before. I know ir is hard to give up of movement sensor, but I was getting crazy with my S3 and now I have a new faster and smooth phone. It is like magic. I never had a S3 smooth like it is now.

Samsung should correct this problem.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Good lucky.

Natalie S71

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I turned off the movement sensor and my phone is loading apps much faster. I will have wait and see about the freezing issue.

rc buyer

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Unbelievable! Seems to be you are right.
After reading all those factory-reset and return-to-dealer recommendations it is incredible the solution was so much easier.
Thanks a lot.

kaushal suthar

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My s4 i9300 is suddenly switched of n I tried to swich on bt its nt getting on even I kept on charge n also that charging light is of its nt getting on .so hw can I switch on my finr

LinTim

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have found a solution for this problem. I tried everything and after many hard resets I discovered that you must to turn off the movement sensor.Go to settings and turn off movement options. I also turned off the SVoice as a precaution.
You see you will have a faster new phone like never before. I know ir is hard to give up of movement sensor, but I was getting crazy with my S3 and now I have a new faster and smooth phone. It is like magic. I never had a S3 smooth like it is now.

Good lucky.

What is the movement sensor? Or is it called something else? I can't find it in my settings

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Lin,
Welcome to the forums!

I can only assume that the reference was to the Motion features - Settings -> Motion (just turn it off).

You can also disable S Voice if you have a mind to - Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down until you find S Voice, select that item and then select Disable (you may have to select Uninstall updates first).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Haptik

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Just backup your apps, data and reinstall the Android version, it should work completely fine then.
Secondly, Android 4.3 have a lot many fixes, so try installing it as soon as it is released in your area.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi. is the movement sensor the same with proximity sensor?
No. The proximity sensor utilizes the two little holes just to the right of the SAMSUNG logo on the front of the phone to determine if your face (or hand or other surface) is nearby.

The movement sensor (aka motion sensor) uses accelerometers inside the phone to detect movement in the various axes.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

RadoZ

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I turned off the movement sensor and my phone is loading apps much faster. I will have wait and see about the freezing issue.

Please tell me how to turn off the movement sensor because I didn't find thing like this or is it the motion gestures

RadoZ

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Good lucky.

Please tell me how to turn off the movement sensor because I didn't find thing like this or is it the motion gestures. also how to turn off the SVoice??

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
also how to turn off the SVoice?
Go to Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Application manager, scroll to the ALL tab, scroll down until you find S Voice and select it, then select 'Turn off'.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk