Samsung S3 not charging (either through Power Cord or through USB via Laptop)

garggaurav13

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Any help on the issue will be much appreciated. I have purchased Samsung S3 2 months back and suddenly it has started acting very weird.
Below is the exact sequence of events

1. S Voice app popped up on its own and started giving some weird messages.
2. After that the S3 was not getting charged when connected to the power plug or to the laptop through USB
3. I got the android symbol saying it is downloading something and do not turn off, with something about factory
4. The symbol automatically went away after a few minutes
5. Since there was no battery the phone got switched off. but suddenly it restarts on its own and then because of low battery switches off.
5. When the phone is in on mode, it shows "Connected to Dock"

I am not sure what to do...If anyone has any clue. please help.

PS:- I have tried charging from multiple chargers, USB cables etc. with no effect.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Any help on the issue will be much appreciated. I have purchased Samsung S3 2 months back and suddenly it has started acting very weird.
Below is the exact sequence of events

1. S Voice app popped up on its own and started giving some weird messages.
2. After that the S3 was not getting charged when connected to the power plug or to the laptop through USB
3. I got the android symbol saying it is downloading something and do not turn off, with something about factory
4. The symbol automatically went away after a few minutes
5. Since there was no battery the phone got switched off. but suddenly it restarts on its own and then because of low battery switches off.
5. When the phone is in on mode, it shows "Connected to Dock"

I am not sure what to do...If anyone has any clue. please help.

PS:- I have tried charging from multiple chargers, USB cables etc. with no effect.

Welcome to the forums!
It sounds like a bad USB port. Did you buy this new at a retailer?

pacific146

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, yes sadly I am having similar problems. It just won't charge. My S3 charges for a few minutes then goes off.
I might have to charge the battery separately, I believe :(the cable is of very low quality.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, yes sadly I am having similar problems. It just won't charge. My S3 charges for a few minutes then goes off.
I might have to charge the battery separately, I believe :(the cable is of very low quality.

Welcome to the forums!
We have official Samsung chargers for sale at ShopAndroid. 700 microamp for about $16 US dollars. Android Chargers & Cables - ShopAndroid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835