newbie help to flash i9300 using Heimdall to 4.2.2 from 4.1.2 on imac

rickescazu

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
ok been reading for days did the root using the simple OSX way as i don't use or want to use windows. did not do any clockmod stuff as i dont get that yet.

found a thread here (pg 3) and the link to the 4.2.2 jelly bean firmware, downloaded the tar.md5 file, then used GuiTAR to unpack. only got 4 files boot, hidden , recovery and system and they are all image files not bin??
ok seems that link was really 4.2.1 so checking further found another like and now downloaded that and unpacked all 9 files but only sboot, param and modem are bin files others are img.

all posts i find and the readme for Heimdall but cant find a heimdall file 4.2.2 for i9300 so not sure how to use the above files as it seems to say you need a PIT file? i have the PIT file from 4.1.2 i used to root??

anyway i am sure coming from iphone years of hacking i am just lame in the mind here, but really excited to try this 9300 and then if i can find all the aps i like upgrade to the newer i9505

can anyone tell me what i need to do to finish this flash, I'm not doing a back up as i also downloaded the 4.2.1 for my carrier and country in the international stock firmware files section.

thanks in advance and remember not to cryptic as i am new to this platform and its tools.

rick

edited when i found the real 4.2.2 firmware.

Last edited:

Wiltunscir

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
ok been reading for days did the root using the simple OSX way as i don't use or want to use windows. did not do any clockmod stuff as i dont get that yet.

found a thread here (pg 3) and the link to the 4.2.2 jelly bean firmware, downloaded the tar.md5 file, then used GuiTAR to unpack. only got 4 files boot, hidden , recovery and system and they are all image files not bin??
ok seems that link was really 4.2.1 so checking further found another like and now downloaded that and unpacked all 9 files but only sboot, param and modem are bin files others are img.

all posts i find and the readme for Heimdall but cant find a heimdall file 4.2.2 for i9300 so not sure how to use the above files as it seems to say you need a PIT file? i have the PIT file from 4.1.2 i used to root??

anyway i am sure coming from iphone years of hacking i am just lame in the mind here, but really excited to try this 9300 and then if i can find all the aps i like upgrade to the newer i9505

can anyone tell me what i need to do to finish this flash, I'm not doing a back up as i also downloaded the 4.2.1 for my carrier and country in the international stock firmware files section.

thanks in advance and remember not to cryptic as i am new to this platform and its tools.

rick

edited when i found the real 4.2.2 firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app