SGS3 I9300 - Well, this is frustrating.. Lag issues

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
..After a year of happy usage with my GS3, it has recently started lagging, like, REALLY badly.

I've known Samsung phones start to lag after about a year of usage, but mine has been fine..until now.

GO Power Master also found a shocking issue. It found 53 apps that sucked 1.5 hours worth of battery juice.

This, in my opinion, is unacceptable.

Any suggestions to bring my old GS3 back to the speed it rightfully deserves?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Well, this is frustrating..

Aside from removing the apps you no longer need you can go into Apps/Manage Apps and clear cache on some apps that have a huge build up. That will sometime help.

Otherwise do some good house cleaning, removing/reducing unnecessary things that you may have accumulated over time ( apps, widgets, social media polling rates/times).

If all of the above still doesn't fix the issue. Then I suggest downloading Helium from the Play Store and making a backup of all your apps/data then doing a factory reset. You can then turn around and restore the backup from Helium and get back to where you were.. If upon that restore you all the sudden have lag issues again then you know its within one of you apps and you can start the process of elimination from there to find the culprit.

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Back up your files. Do a full factory reset. Clear the system cache and then do a fresh OS update.

When reinstalling your apps, only install the ones that you actually use. Use folders for your apps on your home screen. Keep your active widgets to a bare minimum and that goes for the number of home screens too.

Install fewer apps that run background operations and block notifications that are not essential with the applications manager setting.

Use static screen savers. Active ones drain the battery and suck system resources. Bright screensavers also drain the battery. If an app has a night mode (dark or black background) this will extend battery life too.

Keep the GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth turned off until you need it.

I think that just about covers it.......

Sent using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and Tapatalk 4

I'm usually on Twitter @Ichi_Bear ;-)

Rbid

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
The lag may be because the faulty emmc driver, search for SSD (Samsung studently dead) bug. I'm on the same boat as you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae