Device Memory was low, rebooted phone, got stuck in splash screen

lukeaduke

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded something that took up all my phone memory, un-installed some things, then rebooted. Then the phone got stuck in the splash screen. So then researched further and found out about holding the three buttons, then pushed the volume up key. Now it's got the green android logo and saying download, do not turn off, it's been at least 20 minutes. I have no idea what to do, be patient, yank the battery? Any advice? If I can get it started again, what's a good way to clean out the phone. Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When the phone is in Download mode (with the Android guy) it'll just stay there until you pull the battery or successfully complete a firmware download (using either Kies or Odin).

You can try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache.

If that doesn't work then you can try using the Kies software to reload the firmware. Here's an overview of what to do:
- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance