Samsung Galaxy S3 not charging. Need Help!

Sebas Beau

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 in may this year. It worked fine but yesterday I was trying to charge my S3 and all it was showing was an empty, grey battery. After a few seconds the screen went black. When I push the power button the same grey, empty battery pops up and disappears a few seconds later. I tried to charge it using a mac and pc but the problem wasn't fixed. Tried to reset the device by performing a factory reset but nothing happened and I still can't charge and use my phone. I really don't know how to fix this. I viewed a few other threads about this but al the given solutions weren't helping for me! Hope someone who might have had the same problem knows the solution.

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the USB port may have issues. This just happened to a friend of mine, he had insurance however and decided to pay $200 for a new device... Stupid in my opinion, there's a cheaper alternative.
Anker replacement battery. Costs less than $30, you get 2 batteries plus a charger. I bought this for my wife a few months back because her battery would drain halfway through her shift and haven't had a single complaint.
Frankly it's what I would have done if I was my friend, paying $200 for a replacement S3 was bonkers!
Anker? 2 x 2200mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, T999(T-Mobile), I747(AT&T), I535(Verizon), R530(U.S.Cellular), L710(Sprint), fits EB-L1G6LLU, with NFC/Google Wallet + Anker? Travel Charger [18-Month Warranty]:Amazon:Cell Phones &

Sebas Beau

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. My phone gets picked up tomorrow to see whats wrong. I hope the insurance will pay most of it, but it will probably costs over $30 so thanks again for the reply. I will definitely buy the Anker replacement battery.

sooner7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Happened to a lady I worth with as well.

Don't get ripped off on insurance either..

1. Hit up craigslist for a good deal on a S4 or comparable (Moto X, etc.)
2. Verify ESN is clean
3. Meet at carrier store for transaction and verification upon activation.

Happy device hunting. : )

Last edited: