What things I need for flashing a rom?(root?)
    I tried flashing a rom it was a win rar file so I converted it to a zip file, I wiped everything then I went to select zip file I there was nothing to select...
    I'm not rooted though.
    I tried to root but Odin won't recognize my phone. What should I do?
    And if I root I need to wipe everything eventually and my root will get deleted.
    Just help me go through all the process, but please step by step I'm new to all of this.
    And if there is an easier way to flash a rom I would like to know

Thanks
    11-27-2013 08:04 AM
    There is a guide to rooting at the top of the Galaxy S3 forum. It looks straight forward. I've rooted my phone a few times. Running the stock ROM now unmodified. Just make sure you have all the drivers installed on your PC and the latest version of Kies. I'm sure there are people that will help you in that thread if you ask. Also make sure you have a way back. I had a nightmare unrooting my phone, but that's my experience. Good luck ;-)

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Find me on Twitter @Ichi_Bear
    lmroks likes this.
    11-27-2013 08:13 AM
    Kies? I thought the opposite, that you should not install it as it messes up the Odin. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Anyways, the easiest way to root is sgs3 toolkit, as far as I'm concerned. You just push 3 buttons and you're fine. No way to screw up, only if you'll get the model number wrong I think. Rooted mine 3 times, no problems.
    Unrooting is another story, it gets off pretty easy, but the exclamation point (triangle) at the top, when you start up your device isn't gonna go that easy.

Posted from rooted SGS3 running CM 10.2 using Android Central App
    11-27-2013 09:40 AM