Hello all,

"nervous newbie" asks: My Personal Typing History stopped working.when the OS upgraded to 4.3, which it did automatically with no warning. This feature is very useful to me as I work in a variety of locations and retype my whereabouts many times in a a week, it saves a lot of time to more or less auto type these before driving to the next destination. .
    I cleaned the app cache thinking it would reset and start again from scratch but neither that nor anything else worked. So I thought I'd try other keyboards

I settled on Kii which seems to offer lots of functionality and has a handful of Personal Typing History settings. However, even set at "very aggressive" I am still getting nothing.

Is there something about the OS upgrade that could have caused this?

Thanks in advance,
    Izstra
    12-30-2013 07:57 AM
    I would say give the app some time. It needs to learn you preferences and habits. However, if it doesn't seem to work to your expectations, many users here like Swiftkey. The word prediction is almost scary.
    12-30-2013 09:18 AM
    I would say give the app some time. It needs to learn you preferences and habits. However, if it doesn't seem to work to your expectations, many users here like Swiftkey. The word prediction is almost scary.
    Thanks Golfdriver, but no keyboard is predicting anything from my personal typing history.
    12-30-2013 12:51 PM
    Go to settings my device press language and input then into Samsung key board and make sure that predicted text is turned on that may help

Posted via Android Central App
    izstra likes this.
    01-02-2014 05:08 AM
    My predictive texting also abruptly stopped working and is not relearning my habits at all. I have ensured predictive features are turned on. Anyone know what to do with this? it worked really well up until recently.

01-05-2014 05:49 PM
    Go to settings my device press language and input then into Samsung key board and make sure that predicted text is turned on that may help

Thanks, it didn't I'm afraid. I eventually got Swiftkey to work - not Samsung or Kii - not by doing anything different, it just worked. Not that I mind Swiftkey, but it's strange the others stopped after the OS upgrade.
    01-16-2014 02:19 AM
    Glad you fixed it I use swift key also

01-17-2014 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD