S3 4.3 update....what have you done

dennissr4

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Well since I got the update I've noticed a few things that annoy the **** out of me,
firstly half of my playlist is suddenly in 'My Documents' which I now can only play while My Documents is open, I can't use Whatsapp or go to homescreen and I can't go to a next song using the buttons. Secondly the gallery is some bullsh*t stuff, whilst before you could see like 20 pictures in a screen, you can now only see 2-3 pictures, how the hell am I going to scroll through 3000+ photo's like that Samsung?!?!?! Furthermore there seems to be a problem with the charging, the battery drops way more rapid then it used to. Also my background is always tripping, like when I scroll through the different pages on the homescreen, it sometimes gets all green like a Whatsapp logo, sometimes white, sometimes black, its all weird. Lastly all the different menu's we have now, ITS NOT NECCESARY, it just confuses the f*ck out of me.

all in all you could say this update was pretty sh*t, please make a new one quick...

liamzuid

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I hear you, bro.

My galaxy s3 came when the update was already out so I directly updated it.

now my music is laggy (skips, stutters, gaps whatever you call it). The time between pressing the powerbutton and for the screen to actually go on can actually get up to 4 seconds! My phone rebooted itself randomly yesterday...

I think I'll install cyanogenmod on my device...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I hear you, bro.

My galaxy s3 came when the update was already out so I directly updated it.

now my music is laggy (skips, stutters, gaps whatever you call it). The time between pressing the powerbutton and for the screen to actually go on can actually get up to 4 seconds! My phone rebooted itself randomly yesterday...

I think I'll install cyanogenmod on my device...

It's going to be hard seeing as you are on 4.3 already :(

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well since I got the update I've noticed a few things that annoy the **** out of me,
firstly half of my playlist is suddenly in 'My Documents' which I now can only play while My Documents is open, I can't use Whatsapp or go to homescreen and I can't go to a next song using the buttons. Secondly the gallery is some bullsh*t stuff, whilst before you could see like 20 pictures in a screen, you can now only see 2-3 pictures, how the hell am I going to scroll through 3000+ photo's like that Samsung?!?!?! Furthermore there seems to be a problem with the charging, the battery drops way more rapid then it used to. Also my background is always tripping, like when I scroll through the different pages on the homescreen, it sometimes gets all green like a Whatsapp logo, sometimes white, sometimes black, its all weird. Lastly all the different menu's we have now, ITS NOT NECCESARY, it just confuses the f*ck out of me.

all in all you could say this update was pretty sh*t, please make a new one quick...

Did you perform a factory reset after updating to 4.3? It's highly recommended to do so after anyh major update

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I did... Still the same problems.

That's why I still want the cyanogenmod

You're going to need a recovery for that. I don't think SafeStrap supports CyanogenMod, and TWRP/CWM aren't working on 4.3 yet :(

liamzuid

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
You're going to need a recovery for that. I don't think SafeStrap supports CyanogenMod, and TWRP/CWM aren't working on 4.3 yet :(

You won't need a recovery and a complicated process with the installer at cyanogenmod.org.